Microsoft User Experience Lead Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The process was Ok overall. Most of the questions were the typical "what would you do", "give me an example of when" type questions. My only complaint is that MS did ZERO work or effort on trying to tell me why Microsoft is a good place to work. The attitude was very much they were interviewing me, and not we are interviewing each other to see if it is a good fit. A bit of an arrogant attitude.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for a UX job and I was asked how I design a storage redundancy system for a data center. It wasn’t really a hard question but stood out because it had nothing to do with UX or general work experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

A phone interview with hiring manager, was followed by onsite presentation and 5-6 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

• what type of company culture are you looking for?   Answer Question
    • case studies - how would you design a user study for situation A, B etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. I had 2 rounds of negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2007.

Interview

One of the most brutal interviews I've ever participated in. Seven interviews in a 6 hour time period. Every second I was present, I was being interviewed. Advice: don't let down your guard, even at lunch you are being screened for compatibility and fit with overall team. Microsoft has a very casual environment so don't overdress for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you look for inspiration?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage to work with a team member that you aren't necessarily getting along with?   Answer Question