Midas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technician Interview

Technician
Mesa, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Midas in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you have experience (or even if you say you do) your hired. They are desperate for anyone to turn a wrench for them. Thats why the majority of their techs are oil changers/ Flushers/parts changers. They dont care because they rarely get big jobs and most their money is made on mufflers and oil changes which pay the tech either very little or nothing at all. They do expect you to be there 50 plus hrs but their is no guaranteed money to pay a good tech when they are slow. If its slow you make no money and its slow a lot. They close a lot of stores and the turnover on employees and managers is very high. Thats why there are no repeat customers they get a new idiot working on their car every 3 months when their oil change is due. Go no where company unless your upper management and there is no opportunity for new employees to ever get there with such lousy customer base.

Interview Question – no difficult questions they ask you what you know and you tell them. They ask you what you expect to make? If you dont say peanuts your not hired.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Dont want to pay good techs. Dont have the customer base to support a good tech. You will be mostly standing around for no pay or doing free work for the company that they require you to do ie (tires and oil changes)

Service Writer Interview

Service Writer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Midas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Inteeview

Interview Question – Why did u go to school for automotive   Answer Question

Automotive Technician Interview

Automotive Technician
Saint Joseph, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Midas in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was very unprofessional. You will take a basic intelligence test and if any experience with auto repair you will be hired.

Interview Question – Asked to pressure sale customers on maintenance and repair of their vehicles sometimes not even needed.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Midas in April 2010.

Interview Details – My resume was found online and I was called for an interview. I traveled to San Diego from a couple states away because I was intending to move there. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and I was offered a management position. The interview was not totally unprofessional, but there were employees interrupting multiple times to ask the guy questions and I had to drive 9 hours and wait over an hour after scheduled time for interview to start.

Interview Question – Can't think of one that was asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation time and I was not given official salary until I moved out a few weeks later.

Tomball, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Midas in April 2009.

Interview Details – Franchisee contacted me we set up an interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Do you want the job   View Answer

Interviewed at Midas

Interview Details – One interview, hired the following week.

Interview Question – Specific work experience.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Midas in March 2012.

Interview Details – first of all i had an interview with hr department officer . he gives me a test in which english questions,maths, technical and other related questions were there on the paper and there was a letter to your boss about the rejection of the shipment at one page this whole test paper was about 1 hour test. after that i was send to senior manager at administration office, he taken my interview of general questions and other related questions about my self , then i was send to a meeting room where whole panel were sitting to take my interview. after taking my interview they told me if we shortlist you then we will tell you but untill now no respond came from there side.

Interview Questions

• why didnt you studied from N.E.D university and why from hamdard university   View Answer
  • you have 1 G.P in english in 1st semester?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Midas in May 2009.

Interview Details – made an interview then i got the job

Interview Question – What makes you special than other candidates   Answer Question

Worked for Midas? Contribute to the Community!