Middough Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Middough

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middough (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Standard procedure. Meet with DM, DL and HR. Took more than 3 weeks to get an offer after the DM informed me they will give me an offer, so I accepted an offer from another company. Maybe it's normal for companies with headquarters out of state. I suggest to move much faster on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Good question, non of those brain numbing behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Middough (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was standard. No call back. No trick questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Middough (Toledo, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

Ask you your name, where you live, how much you want to be paid, then show you the door. I thought it was a horrible interview, but got the job anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions in a 15 minute time frame.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Middough (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with key individuals from different departments as well as HR manager. Interview was professional and thorough until HR requested an application be completed including salary history. Not salary range or expectations, she wanted actual salaries from previous employers! HR stated that Middough always gets that information to help verify candidate background and that the information was necessary for consideration for employment. The salary history request is inappropriate and irrelavent since factors such as position responsibilities, geographic region, markets served, total compensation components, company overhead and billable rates, and general economic conditions all impact the salary range for a position from one employer to another. An employer who attempts to take advantage of its interview candidates by implying this information is relavent, when in fact it only serves the employer in leveraging salary negotiations, is a company intent on competing against its employees rather than developing an atmospher of trust, respect, and leadership. A bad practice that makes it easy to look at opportunities elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary history?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Middough in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was by phone and I was hired. The phone interview took about an hour, which is long for a screen. The manager interviewed me by conference with 2 other engineers. The questions were directed at my refinery experience and ability to handle multiple projects and my success with working with challenging clients.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions involved how I would handle a client that questioned my work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The deal was a good one and Middough didn't waste time because they needed the help.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Middough in January 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with HR representative to determine to bring in for onsite interview. Filled out application prior to interview (better to send prior to interview). Had group interview with department manager and technical manager. Process was very relaxed and easy going setting. Tour of the facility was not conducted at this time. Upon completion of interview there was a delay of about 1.5 months before receiving feedback that an offer was being prepared and extended. Acceptance was contingent upon passing the drug screen testing prior to being able to start work.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience working with various tools that the company utilized.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.