Midfirst Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.5

Moneyline Personal Banker Interview

It was easy, took about a week to get me hired on. I only spoke with one girl and she was so cool and fun to chat with. Just go in there and sound interesting because they like that

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for this position   View Answer
    No negotiations

Teller Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

Good communication and quick response from recruiter. In person interview was scheduled with the hiring manager and at the actual hiring office. First impressions: slow branches, fancy bank interior, not the most professional interviewers, general questions that do not reveal whole lot about your personality / skills. Overall, good interview experience, good place to work, fair compensation and incentives plan.

Float Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

First step was a telephone interview. This interview was mainly situational. I.E. When was a time that you had to deal with an upset customer, and how did you handle it. After the phone interview, they set up a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face was very relaxed, and my interviewer mainly wanted to know more about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

I did a prescreen with one of the ladies in HR, it was just going over the position, your resume and then asking to do basic math in your head. Then it was an in person interview with the teller operations supervisor, assistant banking center manager and the banking center manager. In person interview was going over your resume, where you see yourself in the future and asking about difficult situations with customers. If offered the position, they do a background screening, credit check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult or unexpected, they focused on asking a lot of questions when you were in difficult situations and asking about being able to sell products to customers.   Answer Question
    They called me after my interview and addressed my noticeable tattoos and piercings, they made me aware that I would need to make sure the piercings were out (I had a clear tongue ring in for my interview) and that I needed to make sure all tattoos were covered at all times. They asked if this would be an issue and I reassured them that it wouldn't be an issue and they extended an offer to me at that time. The background screening, drug test and credit check went really quickly. They were hiring for a banking center that was opening towards the end of the year, I accepted the position but didn't have a start date for about a month after I accepted the offer.

Banking Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Midfirst Bank.

interview with hr, and then interview with supervisor. there was a lot of time in between each interview and then the offer. hr is very helpful in answering any questions you may have

Teller III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

It was very easy. You get a bankers business card put them in as a referral you both will receive a bonus. Submit a resume one page. You receive a phone call from Arizona they will give you a phone interview it should last about an hour. Then you wait about a week and human resources will contact you and let you know if you received the job or not. then you have a face to face interview.

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

I originally applied online. I was called 3 times before finally answering and being invited to a interview at the Plaza. The interview process is typical of what you would expect of a bank. Dress professionally (men wear a suit and tie, women dress with slacks or skirts with business attire) and be prepared to answer honestly. I was taken back into HR and asked a few questions relating to my experience, my desire to apply to MidFirst and what I expected to gain from being employed there. I initially applied for a completely different position but was offered a alternate job that fit me better and had a better pay grade. Afterwards i was set up for another interview with the manager and answered a series of the same questions more or less with a little more emphasis on the basics like "what was scenario when I had to lead" or "What have i found most stressful in a job." Ultimately its about why you think you fit with the company and that position. MidFirst is very discerning when it comes to Plaza and 3G jobs but more lax with Customer Service and Loss Mit jobs at Shepherd Mall. Be prepared for 2 to 3 interviews minimum and a background check along with a credit check. Also be aware that training is a week minimum.

Interview Questions
    • Describe where you expect to be in 5 years with this company if you are hired.   View Answer
    Negotiation is allowed but you need to have a strong bargaining chip such as a lot of prior experience, a degree and preferably still working a job with a reputable salary.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

The hiring manager was really nice and down to earth. I know some of my interviews at different companies I felt under them but this manager was great. I enjoyed my time in the interview and it wasn't stressful because it felt that a friendly environment and was down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have a difficult question but several questions I remember was are you good with sales? and say a time when you went above and beyond your customers expectation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Midfirst Bank.

I applied over the weekend and got interviewed 3 days later. If you know someone at the bank ask them more company history and you should be fine. Interviewer was less prepared than me.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are easy to answer if you can think quickly on the spot. I actually asked them difficult questions that took them awhile to answer. That was sad since other places I interviewed at answered them better.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Midfirst Bank in January 2013.

The interview consisted of some technical questions but more so centered around fit and culture. I was told that the culture can be a bit intimidating for some and that only certain individuals thrive. I was told that the culture is conservative and that decision-making involves several rounds of reviews.