Midwest Manufacturing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

Interviewed at Midwest Manufacturing

Interview Details – They had me fill out a paper application when I got there. The interview itself was maybe 15 minutes and mostly just went over my resume and the application I had filled out. Not at all what I expected.

Interview Question – How do you feel about wearing jeans to work everyday?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Controller Trainee Interview

Valley, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Midwest Manufacturing in October 2011.

Interview Details – After being reached by a recruiter, I scheduled an on-site interview with the plant controller. The morning of the interview, he called and told me that day would no longer work & rescheduled the interview. Upon arrival for the interview, I noticed everyone in the office was extremely casual (wearing blue jeans, t-shirts & sneakers...even the plant controller). I started out by filling out a generic application & consent form. After that, I had my 1-on-1 interview which was also pretty typical & lasted about 30 mins. During the interview, the plant controller told me that none of the other candidates had comparable experience to me & that he saw no reason why I wouldn't be successful in the position. The interview ended with him telling me that they had a couple more interviews & he would let me know within a week. After sending a thank you letter for the interview & waiting 10 days, I called the plant controller to inquire & had to leave a message. He never returned my call. I ended up contacting HR at the company headquarters & asked if they'd made a decision. 3 days later, I received a letter thanking me for interviewing & stating that they were continuing their search. I got the impression that they were looking for someone directly out of college who they could pay next to nothing. If I was as qualified as the plant controller led me to believe, that's the only conclusion that makes sense.

Interview Question – What separates you from the other candidates for this postion?   Answer Question

Controller Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Midwest Manufacturing.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a plant controller position. When first arrived noticed everyone was in extremely casual clothing, T-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc. First had to fill out a generic application before meeting with the HR rep at the site. She asked the general interview questions which took about 10 minutes. After her the division controller interviewed me asking a little more position specific questions. The whole process took about 1 hr to complete.

Interview Question – What would make you a good canidate for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. Everyone in like positions gets the exact same deal.

Software Development Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Midwest Manufacturing in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone, 1:1, test (like an SAT/ACT) and then met with department.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Midwest Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Midwest Manufacturing interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Midwest Manufacturing employees and interview candidates.