Midwestern University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Midwestern University

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Midwestern University.

Interview

Set aside a whole day. I've never had a longer interview in my life. You will talk to HR, PIs in the department (some departments will split that part into multiple segments), and then you will also likely talk to current lab staff. It's a lot of the same questions over and over, but be prepared for several hours.

Video Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Midwestern University (Glendale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I walked into the interview, and I was greeted by two people in the Media Resources department, the department head and my now-supervisor. I immediately felt very comfortable with them, and they seemed to be more interested in my past work and how I can improve the position, than whether or not I was actually qualified for said position. The first interview seemed like more of a way to gauge my personality, while the 2nd interview definitely involved some questions the put me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite and least favorite boss and why? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Midwestern University (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

After being accepted as a Computer Science Masters degree candidate, I received and email from the assistant to the Dean of the Graduate School announcing an opening for a Graduate Assistant. I filled out the application and emailed it back. She emailed back and asked for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, she asked when I could visit the campus for a face-to-face interview. All went well, and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - the salary is set by the state.