Milestone Internet Marketing

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.4

--- Interview

Interview

Strung along process for much longer than promised then when I asked for a couple days to make a decision on the offer, they threw a fit. My offer was retracted due to informing them of something that I told them at the beginning of the interview process. Overall, unprofessional and a WASTE OF MY TIME.

E-strategist/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Milestone Internet Marketing.

Interview

The company is extremely unprepared for the interview. Upon arriving you will be sat in the entrance for 15-20 mins past your scheduled interview. Once you meet with your initial interviewee be prepared to be sat back in the hall way in between another 2-3 employees they will ask you to meet. In between each interview you will have to wait in the hallway for at least 10 mins. Each interviewer will ask primarily the same questions.

E-strategist/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Milestone Internet Marketing in January 2015.

Interview

I really liked the profile of the company and the way they handled the interview process. I had 2 phone interviews and then a 90 minute in person interview and all they asked about was my past work experience, discussed in detail my position in all the companies I have been with, and discussed hypothetical work scenarios and asked me to describe how I would deal with such a said situation.

Overall, I really enjoyed my conversation with the hiring executive, they seemed very nice and it looked like a good place to work for.

PPC Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Milestone Internet Marketing (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Worst company I ever interviewed at. Went through 5 interviews, each time was asked how much $ I wanted when I was clear with them multiple times. Gave me the run around for 2 weeks. I decided to finally drop out of the race due to unprofessionalism on every interaction. Stay away from this company, these negative reviews don't lie. I was told from insiders that company heads create fake accounts to write positive reviews.

Interview Questions

• Kept on asking structure at current company, seemed like they were more interested on how things were done at the company I currently work for rather than me.   1 Answer

Account Manager/E-strategist Interview

Interview

Expect to spend all day waiting in the lobby because management will give you the run around because they are overbooked and think you have all the time in the world.

E-strategist/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Milestone Internet Marketing (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First was contacted to do a phone interview to talk about the position and why I applied, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview only lasted about 30 minutes. The offer came the next day.

Interview Questions

• Common questions: What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any room for negotiation. They provide salary based on your experience.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

not applicable

Negotiation

too fast. they want an answer right away.

Interview

Got a screener call and was barely screened - I was even cut off trying to answer a question. In-person was less than a few days later. I asked more questions than the interviewer did. It seemed like a hard sell to work there. I haven't heard back, despite their keen interest in me at the time, because my interviewer had to discuss my interview with the CEO. That seemed off.

Interview Questions

• How do I tell the client we're running behind on a project?   Answer Question

SEM Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Milestone Internet Marketing.

Interview

My contact info was sent via recruiter, but HR still asked me to hurry and send in my resume through their internal systems. At the end of my interview, they said 'since we had received your resume internally before the recruiter sent it, he will not get credit for the referral'. Recruiters beware.

I walked in to an empty reception room, with just a note on the door to the rest of the office to dial '0' for assistance. It felt weird walking to a reception desk when I had a designated appointment. There should have been someone to greet me even if they were only there for a total of 10 minutes until I arrived.

I was lead directly to a room for an Excel/written test by the HR woman who I had been in contact with. She was perfectly nice and courteous. The test wasn't necessarily hard, just a lot to even attempt to finish in the allotted time. 12 strategy related questions in 30 minutes. I was left on my own for 30 minutes... 35 minutes... 40 minutes until I was retrieved. The woman opened the door and said 'time is way up' as if I was supposed to have gone to fetch her once 30 minutes was up. I had no idea where she was in the office, so of course I wasn't going to venture off to find her.

I very much enjoyed getting to talk with the hiring manager after my test. The good thing is that he had a printout of my test answers and asked me to explain further on some and really tried to gauge how much I knew, not necessarily how much I finished.

Afterwards, I was escorted out with the typical "we'll let you know about the next steps" spiel and a smile. I felt good about the interview, but walked out knowing I wasn't interested, and they probably weren't either.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember- but I got stuck on vlookup because the sheet was not in the proper format (data not recognized as numbers).   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process, from my experience, was actually a joke. The interview itself took about 45 minutes, but 35 of it was listening to the interviewer talk about their prior experience working in a hotel. There was only one interview, which struck me as odd seeing of how much responsibility there was going to be in this job, you would think they would put some more emphasis on screening the right candidates to do the job well. I later learned, this company THRIVES on young adults, fresh out of college. They are less expensive than people with experience, and more willing to learn...at first.

Interview Questions

• I honestly cannot think of one. The only thing that was unexpected, was filling out a "what would you do" questionnaire prior to starting my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer came very quickly after my first interview. I was actually surprised how quickly it happened.