Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met HR who asked if you can read a tape measure, carry 25 pounds and can stand for long hours, she the give a simple paper test on your reading ability, once you pass you get the job offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• Can you carry more than 25 pounds?   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Temecula, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

For the most part, it was easy. Typical questions were asked like how are you in a team environment, and how do you handle conflict with another coworker. After the first interview, there was a second interview with the supervisor of the department where he continued to ask more questions about my skill sets. One thing that I did not like about this process was that both interviews, the interviewer wrote your responses on a paper. I felt that I was disconnected with the interviewer during the whole process.

Inside Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Waited for a half hour ready for the call when I received an email from someone in HR saying she couldn't reach me. I replied right back that I was there and had a good cell signal as always - sent from my iPhone. The following Tuesday she emails me again asking for another try which I of course agreed to. That Friday we actually talked for about three questions before she dropped off. I waited about 5 minutes for her to call back... nothing. Having her caller ID now I called the number and asked the receptionist for the same person in HR. The line went to voicemail and I left a message. Nothing. Sent an email within 15 minutes. Crickets... Sent an email the following Monday... crickets... Clearly the most unprofessional and bizarre interview I have ever had. Probably didn't matter anyway as I am sure they were looking for someone with far less experience and salary requirements, but still - how about some professional courtesy? After that fiasco I would turn down any offer they might have made.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get that far... "why do you want to work here?" and "How does your experience translate to our company"...   Answer Question

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very simple interview, mostly related to "how would you handle this situation" questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are fairly negotiable

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed 2 weeks later. Interview with HR was very smooth and she asked many questions related to purchasing. A job description did not require a purchasing experience but a Material Manager (to whom a Buyer reports) said that they cannot hire me because I do not have experience working with Purchase Orders (I have 15 years of experience with purchase orders and much more).

Architectural Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person interview with sales manager, finally 3rd interview with all members of management (one on one)...so actually 5 interviews total. Interview was easy, open discussion of past experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your past customers have to say negative about you?   1 Answer

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2008.

Interview

The process was very smooth... they really wanted me at the local level. It seemed that there was some disagreements at the corp level and local level... non uncommon as each as a different vision or agenda. Corp did not want me (in spite of years experience specifically in the industry).

Interview Questions

• I was asked lots of questions with terminology specific to Milgard....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had other offers - I believe they wanted to offer less than what they really did... I ended up with about 15% than the intial "hint" of what the job payed.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing in March 2011.

Interview

Met with leadership team and current sales reps. Thorough interview that was fair. Staff was looking for fit both in culture and drive for success. Be prepared to show your aggressiveness towards winning business and always try to "close" when you wrap up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you succeeded in winning business where others failed.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you develop relationships that result in winning business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair, they are open to having you ask for more money. You only get one shot in sales they do not offer annual raises to the sales team (if you want more sell more).