Military Sealift Command

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Military Advisor Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Military Sealift Command in July 2012.

Interview Details – Bureacratic and the usual government process and screening. Security clearance is a big plus.

Interview Question – How do you handle the ability for constant change.   Answer Question

Ships Communications Officer Interview

Interviewed at Military Sealift Command

Interview Details – There was no interview process I sent them my qualifications and was hired.

Interview Question – There were no questions   Answer Question

Port Engineer Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Military Sealift Command in March 2009.

Interview Details – Better have a grasp of commercial maritime regulatory rules and regulations.

Interview Question – What is your salary range   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's very little negotiating with the govt...

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Military Sealift Command in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process started at the career fair at Virginia Tech. I was brought into an interview with two current MSC engineers. They asked me both technical and general interview questions. Next, I was invited to DC in which I had a "hot seat" type interview process in which I was interviewed for about an hour by 8 people in total.

Interview Question – How many golf balls could fit in a container ship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated an extra $5k, which was nice

Third Assistant Engineer Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Military Sealift Command in February 2010.

Interview Details – Intervies are what you would expect for officers. a 2 week NEO process then 3 weeks training up in NJ after that you can head to a ship down the street or across the globe.

Interview Question – Nothing to off the wall no technical questions just "how would you handle this" type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None i knew what i was getting into

ITBranch Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Military Sealift Command.

Interview Details – Like most government jobs it can take a while to hear back after the application. Scheduling was smooth and very kind and disarming environment. They have about an hour interview with you followed by a second round in the same week if selected. If you pass the second round, you likely have the job.

Interview Question – Explain your biggest management success and also your biggest failure and what you learned from it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick. Government salary is pretty clear cut - but you can always ask for a step up.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Military Sealift Command? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Military Sealift Command interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Military Sealift Command employees and interview candidates.