Milken Institute

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

N/A
Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Milken Institute.

Interview Details – protracted unstructured meetings with interviewers being late often, appearing to be busy.

Interview Question – Why work for Milken?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

N/A Interview

N/A
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Milken Institute.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely tedious, especially as someone who is currently employed.

First was a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview, both conducted by the person would be my direct supervisor. (My interview was rescheduled twice)

Following the two interviews I given skills tests and a writing sample to complete (due within three days but I asked for an extension because it was emailed to me an hour before I was leaving town for the weekend).

I was then asked to come in for the next round of interviews which would entail meeting 2-3 people from every department which took roughly 3 hours. In total, I probably met about 11-12 people. Some were very nice, others clearly were only there because they had to.

The three interviews resulted in me leaving work early three times (once unnecessarily because my interviewer double booked me) and having to take a full day off for the long interview. I sent thank you notes to every person I met the next day and followed up twice more over the next month or so and never got a response from anyone.

The person who would have been my interviewer was extremely nice but it was disappointing to not get a response.

I don't mind not being selected, I just think that if people are going to take time off from work and are interested in working for your company they should be given the courtesy of a "thanks, but no thanks."

Very Easy Interview

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Milken Institute in November 2011.

Interview Details – I landed a phone interview with a research director that liked my credentials. That went well. I had a phone interview a week later with an upper who inquired very little about my background. I sent in writing samples, followed up with research director, and never heard back. A strange and unproductive experience similar to others here.

Interview Question – Could you provide some additional policy-related writing samples (as they are very important to the hiring process)?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Milken Institute in May 2009.

Interview Details – Incredibly rude and bizarre. I had a phone interview and then an in-person/panel interview with upper management. I never heard back. Not a form letter, email or phone call. To say nothing of the incredibly weird vibe I got while on the interview. I don't think I really needed to be there at all, as they were so wholly focused on themselves. I was asked vague questions then repeatedly interrupted as I attempted to answer. These people will waste your time.

Interview Question – I don't think I was asked even one direct question. It was more, "why are you here" or "talk about yourself"   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Milken Institute in August 2009.

Interview Details – I sent my resume and got back within 3 weeks. I got phone interview. Then, never got back to me.

Interview Question – Can you tell me your background?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Milken Institute in June 2008.

Interview Details – Initially applied through a recruiter, who screened and put through viable candidates. Interviewed with both direct manager and senior manager. They asked for basic qualifications—strong writing and editing skills, database management, etc.—but were clearly looking for someone with an advanced degree and prior experience supporting foundation or nonprofit executives.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult, just a take-home writing exercise.   View Answer

Worked for Milken Institute? Contribute to the Community!