Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MillarRich (Nashville, TN) in September 2008.
There is the application to fill out. Afterwords if accepted fill out an interview questionnaire. You also, if not already certified, have to be certified in CPR and First Aid. There are also other classes provided by the Agency upon hire that must be completed before officially working. Another requirement is being certified in Unlicensed Medication Administration; you will be responsible for giving your service recipient medication. There is also an extensive background check.
- Why do you want to become a Lifestyle Teacher? Answer Question
- 4. Tell us a little bit about your current family life: a. Names/ages of family members living with you currently (or that live with you for part of the year): b. How long have you been married? c. Do you have current employment? If so, do you plan on continuing to work an outside job once you start providing services as a Lifestyle Teacher? d. Describe your current home (e.g., number of bedrooms, bathrooms, approximate sq. footage). Is this where you plan on providing services? Answer Question
- Our model requires us to be in your home, observing and providing feedback several times a month. Tell me how you feel about this. Answer Question
- Have you told any of your close friends or other family members about your decision to become a lifestyle teacher? How did they react? Do you think you will have an adequate natural support network? Answer Question
- If the individual that you will be serving has a need for therapy services, those therapists will also be coming into your home to provide those services. It is possible that you could have 3 or 4 different consultants in your home a week. Tell me how you would feel about this. Answer Question
At this time there is no means of negotiating. Your salary is based on the service recipients level. The levels are based on the persons health and behavioral needs.