Millennium Research Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Researcher Interview

Market Researcher
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Millennium Research Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Sent out my application and got a call around half an hour later. Set an appointment for a 1:1 interview and had a brief overview on the position offered.
One the day of the interview, I had a brief conversation in the language I sent the application for, then was asked a few questions about my weeks and strengths, what I would do if I hit a dead end in my work. Simple basic interview questions. In the end, I was asked to conduct an imaginary phone calls to potential clients.

Interview Question – What would you do if the client refused to give you information?   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Consultant Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview Details – Contacted via email to complete a short online test (2 components- math quiz and writing sample). Once the test was completed (and passed). An interview set up. One hour HR interview followed by 1 hour consultant interview with both case and behavioural questions.

Interview Question – 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 2 months - with the majority (1.5 months) on waiting for an interview. The first round is a written test - one math test (~13 questions in 15 minutes) and on writing test (45 minutes for two short essays). the second/final round is with HR manager and three managers. Scroll down for details as the interview questions don't get changed that frequently but am not sure if the same questions are still being used now

Interview Question – Be prepared to have your own questions about the company/job when you come in for interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. can negotiate starting date

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – GMAT numerical questions followed by analysis of an article. Very little time given for the numerical questions.

After you pass the test, you are invited for a basic interview first with HR then with the product analyst team.

Questions are behavioural and situational.

Interview Question – 3 strengths and weaknesses, basic teamwork questions.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Millennium Research Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward standard stuff. There was an analytical section asking you to estimate the number of pints of skim milk in the US in one year and the value of the Plasma tv market.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay in comparison to similar roles.

Market Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview Details – Sent in cover letter/resume and heard back a week later. Next step was a 1-hour math and written assessment. The math assessment was adapted from the quantitative section of the GMAT and the written assessment looked at ability to compile quantitative and qualitative information into a comprehensive report.

A week later, I was called and asked to attend an interview at the MRG office. This interview consisted of two parts. The first part was a behavioural interview with the HR manager. She asked typical interview questions like what are 3 strengths/weakness, a time you dealt with a difficult person, what part do you like about working in a group and where you see yourself in 5 years. The second part of the interview was with three analysts. It consisted of behavioural questions similar to the ones asked by the HR manager, as well as analytical questions requiring you to answer hypothetical questions and calculate estimates.

Interview Questions

• Provide an estimate for the amount of skim milk sold in the US   Answer Question
  • Explain the reasons why Spain made twice as much as Canada on breast implant procedures   Answer Question
  • Provide an estimate for the value of the plasma TV market in 2015. You are allowed to ask the interview 5 questions.   Answer Question
  • You are going to write an article addressing a rumour about metal hip implants. How would you evaluate the truth of the rumour?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Millennium Research Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview,ask you the strength and weakness;how to deal with stress; will you get bored with numbers?

2nd interview with the manager,half part is the technique questions; the other half part is the behavior questions

Interview Question – please estimate the cigarette in eu in 2010. please use any assumptions if needed   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Millennium Research Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – First a written test. The test has two components - written and mathematics. The math is multiple choice, the written portion is when you need to piece together disparate points and make a cohesive story.

The next portion if you pass this will be an in-person interview. One with HR and one with the hiring manager(s).

Interview Question – How many packs of cigarettes are sold in the UK in a given year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation, their starting salaries are in the range of 40-45,000 as far as I know for this position.

Market Researcher Interview

Market Researcher
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview Details – HR initially contacted me for a brief contract role. I was hired on for two weeks which was extended to a few months. My experience was just before I began full time school which was great. I had an excellent experience since the training was more than enough. My manager was great to get along with, provided me with more than enough material, and even offered me a reference at the end!

Interview Question – I was hoping for the contract to be extended further, but I did appreciate the experience !   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Millennium Research Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a fairly prompt response telling me that I had gotten through to the first step of hiring which was to do a skills test. I was given a link to sign up online so that was very easy. Since I was traveling at the time, I called the HR rep and asked how time sensitive the hiring was. She told me that there were actually no positions and they have a rolling hiring process as they always lose Analysts after about a year or so. This is because their workforce is young and often leaves to go to Grad school or the like. Anyways, I was actually able to schedule the skills test to be taken online and sent through email. I was given strict time guidelines to answer about 15 math questions, and then a writing sample. I submitted and was told I failed. Not believing this, I went back and confirmed that they had made an error and so I was actually moved on to the in person interview step. In person interview was standard: first step meeting with an HR rep, and then a technical interview with current analysts. Great girls who were easy going and made me feel comfortable. As they didn't have a position they told me that they'd let me know in a few days whether they liked me, and then they get back to me when they had a position, which they said always opens up eventually. Over the summer, I got a couple of emails restating interest and checking my availability but saying that there were still no positions. Finally, I gave up expecting an offer after 3 months. This keeping me on the hook, as well as mis-marking my skills test, were the negatives of my experience but the rest was pretty standard.

Interview Question – Provide me with an estimate of the amount of milk consumed in the US each year.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Millennium Research Group

Worked for Millennium Research Group? Contribute to the Community!