Miller-Motte Technical College

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College.

Applied online- received phone interview and interviewed with panel a week later - they asked about work experience and interest - also got into detailed questions- they were not very professional

pay

Director of Education Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in January 2014.

Interviewed with Campus Director. Very detailed questions asked in regards to teaching.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you applied to Miller Motte College   View Answer

Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College.

They contacted me for the interview an then asked me to take a profile assessment. She told me to be as agressive as possible when answering the questions. I went to the group interview and the Lead Admission Rep or Admin Director was so unprofessional. She swore numerous times in the interview and kept stressing that this job is about selling, not caring. Just get them in the door and sell, sell, sell. She also wore a tight skirt with a very low cut blouse, with hooker heels. In the group interview, she asked us why we feel that we are the right fit for this position. The vibe was a little off with she and I. During the interview, I kept thinking that I really did not want to work with this woman.

I got an email stating that I did not get the position. Three days later, she called my cell and said that "I couldn't stop thinking about you since the interview. I want to offer you this position." I felt as though I was second choice and I refused to be anyone's second. Get it right the first time!

Financial Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in February 2013.

Interview lasted 20 minutes. I knew I would be hired before I left the interview, and needed to make sure I scored a certain way on the computer assessment. You have to match a certain personality for the position.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in November 2011.

Run for your life!!! They only hire smooth talkers! Bb

No negotiation

Adjunct English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in September 2011.

The interview for this position was actually quite initimidating. I was placed in a room with about 10 other inidviduals who were there for the same purpose. We had an interview facilitator who was actually quite likeable and more than willing to share his knowledge. He prepped us with what was to come and how to prepare for it. When we were called, one by one, we left the room and entered a classroom where there were about 15 people seated in a semi-circle and you were seated in the middle in a lone chair. Each person asked you a question pertaining to your job, such as 1) How would you handle so-and-so hypothetical situation; 2) What ways will you foster critical thinking skills in the classroom? 3) How would you handle a disruptive student? 4) Why should we hire you?, etc. Afterward, you go to a classroom where there are actual students and an evaluator and you conduct a mini-lecture using the same teaching skills and strategies that you will you use in an actual classroom. If you pass this part of the interview, you will get called in for another interview. This time, it will be a one-on-one interview with the dean. My interview lasted all of 5 minutes and basically, he just wanted me to sign the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? That might have been the most difficutl question.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Actually, I didn't find out what I was making until after I had signed my life away. Once I found out what I was making, $1100/class broken down over a 12-wk period, I was very disappointed.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in May 2011.

I sent my resume to the school in response to an ad. Two months later I called the school to inquire why I had never been offered an interview. The DOE considered me overqualified and assumed I would demand too high a salary. I had to submit a letter stating my income requirements. The panel took turns reading off a question sheet. They seemed more uncomfortable with the interview than I was

Interview Questions
    • What do you konw about the nature of the company?   View Answer
    I was given a contingency offer with promise of a raise which then never came. Do not compromise your desired salary with the "promise" of a raise.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in December 2010.

I thought the interview went very well and was excited about the potential opportunity. Did the usual follow up with a thank you note right away and a follow up call about a week after that. Never received any notification and frankly I think that's bad business. How long could it possibly take to send a quick Email letting you know the job has been filled? I know a handful of people who might benefit attending this school, but I will now not recommend it. Not being sensitive, I just think if they cannot follow through in the back office, how well are they really going to treat their students?

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in October 2010.

They now require personality tests for new positions. The tests were developed out of the supposed best qualities of the best employees. My immediate supervisor did not communicate with me very often during the interview process and took a very long time to return emails. I should have taken that as a sign of what I was walking into.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with the entire faculty in a classroom. There were two other internal candidates that also applied and interviewed after me. They asked me all kinds of questions. One that stands out is "What are you going to change?"   View Answer
    I got a promise of a salary increase in six months. But it was actually 9 months later (and after 3 months of reminders). It was also a minuscule amount. I submitted my resignation a few weeks later.

Business Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in July 2010.

One phone interview from regional director.