MillerCoors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.1

Tour Representative Interview

Interview

you get a phone interview with simple questions and if you pass that you get a face to face interview. I got called back within 2 days and was told when to report for training.

Interview Questions

• Mostly simple stuff but they expect you to have questions for them. They prepare you well for the interview.   Answer Question

Chain Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors.

Interview

I found out about the position before it was posted through those that I knew in the distributor network. Do you homework - talk to some folks that might be in the know.
    I then met with the local market GM to discuss the position, him to get to know me a bit. I was then contacted roughly two weeks later to set up an interview date. About 48 hours prior to the interview I was given a business scenario that I needed to put together a presentation around - specifically around the position that I was applying for in the market.
    I went to the meeting and discovered that not only was the GM there, the person who would be my boss and the person who I was backfilling for were all there.
    I made the presentation and the total interview took nearly 3 hours. I then did not hear from anyone for roughly two weeks, then was invited out to a function with the hiring manager and met his team. After roughly another two weeks, I was then contacted again with my offer. Total time for all this process was about 7-8 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• The business scenario was specific to the position so I will not answer this however I found that there were questions asked of me about how one would handle a drunk customer at an event, a coworker that was suspected of having a substance issue, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had provided my salary information to the team during the interview and the hiring manager called me about an hour before my FedEx package with my offer arrived. He asked if XX salary was ok and it was more than I had told them I needed. Made me happy.

Distributor Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at MillerCoors.

Interview

Intro
    Review resume
    3+ situational based questions (STAR)
    Oppty to ask questions

Interview Questions

• Situational questions are around demonstrating companies critical success factors.   1 Answer

Associate Insights Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MillerCoors (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role at the end of Dec 2013 and an existing employee (a friend of mine) submitted my information through their employee referral process. With the Holidays, I didn't expect to hear back soon. It took about 3 weeks to set up my initial phone screen with the recruiter. About 3 weeks after that I was invited for an in-person interview. My in-person was scheduled for 2/13. I was to meet with the hiring manager, his manager and the Director of the group. Although I wasn't aware ahead of time, this ended up being a panel review, which caught me off guard. There wasn't anything particularly surprising about the interview. They each gave me an overview of what they do and how they work together. The questions they asked me were all situational.."tell me about a time when..." Even those were pretty textbook. I had prepared the night before using some online resources and many of the questions I prepared were to similar (if not the same) to the ones they asked. Following the interview, they let me know that I was the first person they had interviewed and that they were meeting with other candidates over the next week. The recruiter did follow up with me as promised within a week to let me know that they had decided to move forward with another candidate. I did appreciate the personal email vs. the standard automated one that many employers send.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned, there weren't really any difficult questions for me since I had prepared well. They did ask what my favorite ad campaign was and why. That was the only question that strayed from the situational format.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MillerCoors (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

This was a 4 step process:
    (1) Phone interview from HR following an online assessment.
    (2) Panel interview with members from HR and IT.
    (3) Individual interview with hiring manager.
    (4) Final interview with hiring manager and boss of hiring manager.

Step (1) was straightforward. Read the job details and be prepared to explain what you understand the job to be.

Step (2) was focused on the competencies provided in advance of the interview. You need to be ready to provide examples for each.

Step (3) was to check if we would go along. Not an interview as such but more a chat on work.

Step (4) was for the boss to check the hiring manager had done the homework. Be ready to stand your point as boss will try to check your integrity.

Overall a pleasant process although quite lengthy. It took 4 months from end to end with the company going very quiet during weeks until I asked for feedback between step (2) and (3).

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest difference I made in my previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had given my salary expectations at the first HR interview so hard to negotiate afterwards.

Chain Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Was a panel of four for interview and all questions were very applicable to my prior job, potential job and what if scenarios. Questions also included you to project your next 5 years and where you saw yourself and how you would get there. The total interview lasted about 45 minutes and did have heard interview can include a case study / sales deck 10 min sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge/road block did you have in your current role, what were the challenges, solutions , execution and ultimately the result?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Overall the interview process was handled well. Initially I had a phone screen with the recruiter, I was sent a skills assessment (behavior based), then a face-to-face panel interview. The panel interview consisted of upwards of 10-12 behavior questions. Following the interview I spoke with the Sr HR Manager via telephone for a brief interview, this was approximately a week later. The recruiter constantly kept me abreast of where I was in the interview process. There was constant communication from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Interview process utilizes the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) format. The question where situational/behavior based...."Tell me a time, etc"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary the offer was fair.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors (Golden, CO).

Interview

Worst interview panel that I have ever gone through. Comprised of a teleconference, a video conference and interviewers all in the room with me all at the same time. Total of six people. Side conversations on the VC and giggling going on while i was speaking. I nearly got up and walked out. It was far and away the most rude and unprofessional experience I have ever had in a hiring process. Gaining this experience through the process I had made up my mind before I hit the rental car on the way out. I immediately called the recruiter I was working with to remove myself from the process. What a surprisingly bad and disrespectful corporate culture! Mind you that I have worked for companies much larger than MillerCoors and have been through tougher interview processes. My issue was with their obvious lack of class.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical situation based interview questions. The bad part was the unprofessional behavior that was exhibited and tolerated by senior leadership.   Answer Question

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors in December 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line and interviewed in person. Interview was a two person panel style which lasted about an hour with most questions being "describe a time when..."
    Process was very comfortable and the interviewers were calming and professional. The entire interview was conversational pace and I felt they were really trying to get to know me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were multiple part. "Describe a time when you managed a project from start to finish, what tools you used to assist and what was the outcome of the project."   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MillerCoors (Denver, CO).

Interview

Will take long time to get though interview process, helps if you know someone. Be diligent and continually follow up. Company is very very HR driven so be prepared to suck up to HR managers.
    Actual managers have some say in hire but are beholden to HR. Be very energetic and positive during hiring process.
    They like people who played in team sports

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it our leave it