Milliken

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Spartanburg, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Milliken in June 2014.

Interview Details – school recruit, get referr from colleges;
apply on line;
after two weeks, get the email for phone interview;
email narrowing time;
being asked to send my research slides and one paper;
phone interview- one week rejection

Interview Question – Not much. Just general questions.
1, a girl or guy?
2,Go to my slides:
>> Among all the tunable parameters, which is the most important for you to control the nanoparticle structure? How did you design the parameter changing to manipulate your system?
>> The electronstatic association between the acrylic acid and the amine is dynamic, how did it function in your nanostructure controlling.
>> What do you think is the most creative part of your work?
>> what is the most challenge part of your work? Why? How did you fix it?
What are the most important methods you used in your research? Can you describe them?
Why do you choose to study in this project?
How much percentage do you think your advisor played in your research?
Describe yourself to me, if I know nothing about you.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Electrician Interview

Electrician
Lagrange, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Milliken.

Interview Details – very simple, basic questions

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Milliken in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met with two people. Received the job two weeks later. The job required lots of overtime and hard work. I had to work on the weekends. The woman that interviewed me was really nice and made me feel very comfortable throughout my time in the conference room.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Material Scientist Interview

Material Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Milliken in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting. Got a phone interview which lasted around an hour. The interview was mainly about my thesis and some behavioral questions. All in all I thought I did very well. I was informed that they will take between three to four weeks before deciding on whether to invite me for an on-site interview. After four weeks I got a letter by mail informing me that I was not selected.

Interview Question – Did you ever have a disagreement with your advisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Milliken in June 2009.

Interview Details – asked some technical questions on thermodynamics and fit questions

Interview Question – if you found out the operator was doing something wrong how can they fix it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Milliken in August 2009.

Interview Details – very relaxed. Most intervieweers were late and made me feel that i was a bother to them.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the culture seemed very tense.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Lagrange, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Milliken in May 2008.

Interview Details – Professional interview with multiple interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Milliken in April 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I felt that my perspective employer fairly asked tough questions and got a sense of my personality as well as whether I possessed leadership skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my start date.

Product Development Chemist Interview

Product Development Chemist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Milliken in October 2010.

Interview Details – Forty five minute interview one on one with the recruiter. Went over my research with Powerpoint Slides. Got asked some basic questions and a couple of unexpected ones. Received a letter in the mail saying my skill set did not match any of there positions - weird considering my resume essentiall listed my skillset; so why elect to interview me in the first place.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Milliken in February 2011.

Interview Details – I meet a rep. from Milliken at a career fair and then was contacted a few weeks later by phone. The HR manager was very nice and welcoming and invited me to come down to the plant and talk to some of the lead engineers and plant manager. It was very relaxed, the engineers basically talked to me about the company, the changes they have had the past few years. There were very few questions directed to me and was not like a typical interview. I believe they wanted to make sure I was social, eager to join the team and could interact well with other employees. After speaking to the first engineer three other engineers took me out to lunch so we could discuss any questions I might have. The interview was very relaxed and was extremely helpful to insure that I would want to work at the plant.

Interview Question – Why would you be interested in working in a textile company?   Answer Question

Worked for Milliken? Contribute to the Community!