Mills College
www.mills.edu Oakland, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Mills College English Composition and Rhetoric Teaching Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

English Composition and Rhetoric Teaching Assistant Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mills College in April 2010.

Interview Details – In fact, the position did not require a formal interview. I'd had a TA position the year before, and prior teaching experience that was all listed on my resume, and I provided more detailed information about my experiences and goals regarding teaching. The MFA program is pretty small, and I'm sure the faculty and staff members either knew me firsthand or by reputation. Fewer first year students receive TA positions than second year students, but I received a position both years, first for the Place for Writers, then for the Composition and Rhetoric TA position.

Interview Question – Please describe your interest in teaching.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only element of the position that is negotiable is the times and days you work, and the second semester placement in either the Writing Center or for a second semester in the classroom as a TA--which there are only a couple spots for.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mills College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mills College English Composition and Rhetoric Teaching Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Mills College employees and interview candidates.