Millward Brown

Millward Brown Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Millward Brown.

I initially contacted my connection at Millward Brown and this person helped me get an interview with the team with which I would be interning. I sent over my resume and cover letter. A recruiter contacted me a couple weeks later to schedule a Skype call with a few people on the team.

The call was with 4 members on the team, each interview lasting 30 minutes. Most of the time, they explained their positions and what I would be doing. They asked me how I could apply my background to what I would be doing. It was pretty relaxed. A week later, I got a phone call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the coolest thing that you've programmed in R?   Answer Question

Research Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Millward Brown.

i dont think it was even an interview. my gpa was crap and they called me on the phone once i submitted my resume and cover letter. i was year one and it was the summer after year one i got the job. they didnt ask difficult questions. it was a phone interview if you would call that an interview. it was more like chatting.

Data Analyst Interview

Had an analytical test before interviewing. Talked to 7 people from the team, all young and down to earth, great people. Overall a very relaxed and comfortable interview process. A few hours of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were swamped with work, how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Millward Brown in June 2014.

I was initially contacted by HR after submitting an application online. After the screener interview I was asked to take an online personality test prior to another interview, which I thought was pretty strange. I did, and obviously passed, after which I interviewed with two VPs of sales from two separate divisions. Those interviews went swimmingly, so the last one was the overall head of sales in North America. He told me this was more of an informal Q&A for him to give "feedback" to the team. It started well but about halfway through it appeared that something made him immediately lose interest in me and the air went out of the conversation. Sure enough, the next day I received the email from HR saying they were taking a pass. The whole thing from start to finish was pretty quick--probably a week or just over.

Interview Questions
    • The psychological test was very odd. Often you were presented with a forced choice between two unattractive options yet had to select one. Frequently one of those unwanted options would reappear in numerous later questions even if you had rejected it before, meaning at some point you'd probably be forced to pick it.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Millward Brown.

Worked with recruiter to set up phone interview followed by full day in-person interview, which included a presentation of data. In-person interview was a few weeks after the phone interview. Afterwards, it took a few weeks to get an official offer.

Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Millward Brown in May 2014.

I went to the meeting hold by the Company for Columbia Students. Application is online: sent the resume and cover letter. After 3 weeks the company called me for the 1st interview with HR person and with an analyst. The 2nd interview was a week later and it was with the senior person. A day later they made the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell the the brand that you think is doing bad nowadays and what should they do?   Answer Question

Associate Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Millward Brown in March 2014.

Went in from a referral from an internal resource; phone interview was great. I met with two people, one of whom was a different person entirely than I had been told about. The new person conducted a great interview, but the second was with a person in charge of the division. They were not interested at all, I am not sure why they drug out the interview so long as it was clear they were not going to hire me. All I received was monotone one word responses to everything I said.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company- be prepared to know A LOT about ALL departments, I kept trying to elaborate more and more and the director was not impressed.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Millward Brown in March 2014.

Interviewed with MB Optimor.

Very unprofessional experience. In the round of phone interview, the interviewer was changed without any notification and didn't mention who he is during the conversation. Moved into the second round of interview, which was scheduled in the office with 6 people - non of them were available and so was arranged someone randomly for a short talk. Obviously this unknown interviewer was totally not in the mood to interview, very unprofessional & inexperienced: keep checking his phone, yawning, snobbish, didn't ask any meaningful questions. Supposed to have a case interview but did not happen at all.

HR informed me that he will reschedule the interviews to the following week, however after waiting for 5 days I was told that they decided to close the interview process. No reasons. I was not even able to speak with any of the planned interviewers. Interviewed with junior people in the firm who was just recently graduated. While this Associate position has such a high turnover rate (lots of previous Associates left within one year), I guess there must be a reason in the selection process.

Supplement information: long working hours (until 10pm or even midnight), heavy workload, office is small and not a good vibe. I do not mind of all of those, but I do care about the basic respects.

In a nutshell, what mentioned in the previous reviews were true - unprofessional, not responsible, and not respectful.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, had an easy market sizing question during first phone interview.   Answer Question

Analyst At Millward Brown Optimor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Millward Brown.

A recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview. But no one called me at the scheduled time or any other time. Despite my attempts to get in touch with the recruiter over phone and email, never heard back from them to reschedule or even any explanation about why no one called me. Seems very unprofessional and arrogant or maybe they don't care about the candidates at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Millward Brown in November 2013.

2 Phone interviews, 2 in person interviews (originally 3), 1 case study with benchmarks and presentation. They give you an ad and then the information collected from the ad to make a quick presentation (about 10 minutes long). They will ask questions (why did you point out the differences between age groups). All interviewers went through my resume and asked questions such as "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client" , "Why Millward Brown". The phone interview emphasizes your presentation skills and frequency, analysis and client service skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you point out differences between age groups?   View Answer