Millward Brown

76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Client Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went in from a referral from an internal resource; phone interview was great. I met with two people, one of whom was a different person entirely than I had been told about. The new person conducted a great interview, but the second was with a person in charge of the division. They were not interested at all, I am not sure why they drug out the interview so long as it was clear they were not going to hire me. All I received was monotone one word responses to everything I said.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company- be prepared to know A LOT about ALL departments, I kept trying to elaborate more and more and the director was not impressed.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with MB Optimor.

Very unprofessional experience. In the round of phone interview, the interviewer was changed without any notification and didn't mention who he is during the conversation. Moved into the second round of interview, which was scheduled in the office with 6 people - non of them were available and so was arranged someone randomly for a short talk. Obviously this unknown interviewer was totally not in the mood to interview, very unprofessional & inexperienced: keep checking his phone, yawning, snobbish, didn't ask any meaningful questions. Supposed to have a case interview but did not happen at all.

HR informed me that he will reschedule the interviews to the following week, however after waiting for 5 days I was told that they decided to close the interview process. No reasons. I was not even able to speak with any of the planned interviewers. Interviewed with junior people in the firm who was just recently graduated. While this Associate position has such a high turnover rate (lots of previous Associates left within one year), I guess there must be a reason in the selection process.

Supplement information: long working hours (until 10pm or even midnight), heavy workload, office is small and not a good vibe. I do not mind of all of those, but I do care about the basic respects.

In a nutshell, what mentioned in the previous reviews were true - unprofessional, not responsible, and not respectful.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, had an easy market sizing question during first phone interview.   Answer Question

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Sydney, ND

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Millward Brown in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through an internal reference and got the job within the week. The workplace tends to hire many people in one go when specific jobs come up. The recruiter called and asked how many shifts i could do and when i could go in for the interview.
It was a group interview and i was already prepared because they always ask the same questions according to my friend who was already working there. I suggest dressing formally in business attire to look like you mean business, even though its a fairly casual workplace.

He starts with 'what do you define as market research?' 'introduce yourself and your previous experience' 'Name 3 skills you possess that can also help in this job' etc.
After the group interview the recruiter will call up your 2 work references and ask them to rate you out of 10 in a fairly long 5-10 minute interview.

The people in the workplace are friendly and have great interpersonal skills. Managers were quite easy going and had good humour, but different rooms or sections were a little unorganised.

Interview Question – He asked a situational question: " If you were in a 30 minute interview and you were 3/4 of the way there, but the respondent suddenly gets frustrated because they are finding it difficult to understand the question, do you:
a) Repeat the question the way its written on the screen
b) Try and rephrase it in a way the respondent can understand to get the best answer out of him
c) Just skip it and put in an answer that you assume he would say as according to the previous questions
  View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Fairfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in March 2010.

Interview Details – One-on-one interviews with senior and mid level execs. Project on UPS to analyze and present.

Interview Question – What would you advise the client to do based on this scenario?   Answer Question

Analyst At Millward Brown Optimor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Millward Brown.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview. But no one called me at the scheduled time or any other time. Despite my attempts to get in touch with the recruiter over phone and email, never heard back from them to reschedule or even any explanation about why no one called me. Seems very unprofessional and arrogant or maybe they don't care about the candidates at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews, 2 in person interviews (originally 3), 1 case study with benchmarks and presentation. They give you an ad and then the information collected from the ad to make a quick presentation (about 10 minutes long). They will ask questions (why did you point out the differences between age groups). All interviewers went through my resume and asked questions such as "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client" , "Why Millward Brown". The phone interview emphasizes your presentation skills and frequency, analysis and client service skills.

Interview Question – Why did you point out differences between age groups?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by in person interview with separate groups of people and then a presentation.

Interview Question – Asked to put together a presentation on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – MB does not negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Millward Brown in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by in person interview with 4 groups of people and 1 data analysis exercise

Interview Question – Data analysis exercise was unexpected and   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Millward Brown in April 2013.

Interview Details – This was with Optimor. The process was rather disjointed - they seemed disorganized, not knowing who I would meet with. I went in for two rounds and both times they seemed confused and scrambled to find people for me to speak to. The interviews were short. I was surprised that they were a mix of case interviews for someone at my level - 12 years experience. Ultimately I didn't like the very formal vibe of the office - they didn't seem all that flexible or innovative.

Interview Questions

• Was a brain teaser - figure out an object that the interviewer was thinking of.

Not really set up very well. Basically like 'I'm thinking of an object that is used to tell time'
      Answer Question
  • Was a stats question about sorting b&w socks   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Millward Brown in April 2013.

Interview Details – The job was specifically with the company's strategy consulting arm, Millward Brown Optimor. As with any consulting interview, I had thoroughly practiced the standard brainteasers and market sizing questions ahead. In addition, taking into account the company's brand-centric marketing expertise, I went through my b-school notes on marketing, branding, etc. Lastly, I comb through all of the postings on various sources, including Glassdoor.com. However, I failed to fully appreciate some of the repeated complaints, which I will inevitably echo here.

The interview was conducted a 23-year old recent college graduate. Please note that the interview was for a director position. Although this website adequately warns us of this unusual practice, I was surprised by
1) his tardiness
   - was 15 minutes late, and did not apologize
2) his lack of experience as an interviewer
   - It became abundantly clear that he was literally asking questions from a list
   - Did not have the basic manner to ask "how are you doing? is this still a good time to chat?"
3) his absolute lack of professionalism
   - asked the same question twice,
   - and then when I tried to answer it for the second time (but in a more succinct manner), he cut me off and asked another question that he had asked earlier
4) his arrogance
   - not only was he young, but mentioned his Ivy-league undergrad education twice, without being prompted. I went to better ranked undergraduate and graduate schools, but wouldn't boast about them during an interview--especially if I am the interviewer.
5) his lack of knowledge
   - couldn't address simple questions about the company's organizational structure, cultural tendencies, etc.

Needless to say, it was very unpleasant and the conversation became too awkward after coming to a full realization that this is not the kind of culture that I'd like to join.

The company did not follow up for three weeks.

Interview Question – No challenging questions:
- what is marketing? What is branding?
- what's your favorite brand and why?
- basic brainteasers (i.e. crossing a bridge, room with three switches, two jugs, etc)
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Millward Brown

Worked for Millward Brown? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millward Brown interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews posted anonymously by Millward Brown employees and interview candidates.