Milwaukee Electric Tool

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Repair Technician Interview

Repair Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool.

Interview Details – Straight forward, applied in person, dropped off resume and met with new management. Training was insufficient to achieve multiple tasks on a daily basis.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough, company leadership governed by the ups and downs of a niche market. Bad sales, means plenty of unhappy phone calls from bosses. Existing protocols and procedure for safety and promotional sales restricted abilities to function optimally, management rewarding employees that manipulate system in order to appear profitable (sandbagging).

Territory Representative Interview

Territory Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly laid back. Since you are being promoted from within the TTI umbrella they expect you to have the necessary skills to do the job. The hiring manager is focused more on your personality and if you fit his team's culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses is always a difficult question. It is one that the hiring manager will probably ask your current manager so you need to make sure to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is set across the board. This position is the entry to a better salary and bonus structure.

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool.

Interview Details – Talked with a recruiter at my college career fair where I later applied through our college career services website. Got the interview with them which took place at school and then was set up with a different recruiter for my second interview.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really difficult. It was more of just a formal conversation.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool in March 2013.

Interview Details – I approached them at my school's career fair and was schedule for an in person interview the following day. That interview was about 30 minutes and had most of the general interview questions.

I then moved on to the next round which was another one on one interview with the sales hiring manager. That was about an hour which had a lot of the similar questions and then more information about the position and the company.

The final round had me go up to the office in Milwaukee where they put me up in a hotel since I was traveling from my school. They also reimbursed for gas. The final interview started with a tour of the office and a mini history lesson on Milwaukee. Then there were three one on one interviews roughly 45 minutes each. They asked about three questions each and then answered any you had about the position or the company.Overall everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Something to remember for these interviews is that they are only asking three questions each meaning that you need strong answers because there are not a lot of questions to redeem yourself on. Use the STAR method (Situation/Scenario, Task (Goal you were working towards), Action (Tell what YOU did; make sure to use "I" and not "we"), and Result (Make sure you have a positive outcome).

Many of the questions were somewhat similar and it is tempting to use the same stories with different interviewers, but they meet afterwards to discuss and using different stories tells more about you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to motivate yourself/other people.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you displayed good time management skills.   Answer Question
  • Was there ever a situation where you made an unpopular decision for a team?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – None of the cities for relocating were appealing to me.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Greenwood, MS

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool.

Interview Details – Given an aptitude test. Had to sit in a room waiting for about an hour. I eventually had two short interviews with people that worked in quality and, after a couple more hours of isolation, a third interview with someone who really didn't want to be there. Then it was over. No further contact for three months, then I got a call to come and interview again where I had an informal interview with a new person. No technical questions or anything like that but I haven't heard from them since. I wasted a lot of gas and time making these road trips!

Interview Question – Nothing stands out.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Greenwood, MS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool in September 2011.

Interview Details – mechanical aptitute test. various people interviews. very informal.

no response. no mileage reimbursement. nothing, like it never happened.
very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Do you think you have the technical skills to help us?   View Answers (2)

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was introduced to Milwaukee Tool through a career fair at my university. After an on-campus interview, I was contacted within two weeks for an on-site interview. This two day on-site process was about the most impressive interview process I have encountered. On the first day, the candidates got to tour the Milwaukee facility and meet some of the management. They split the candidates off into teams and had three exercises consisting of repairing a power tool, building the best airplane, and making a contraption for ping-pong balls. The top team won some nice prizes. To end the day, we had a social dinner to learn more about everyone.

The second day consisted of the 1:1 interviews. I was interviewed by five managers in the engineering department. They asked mostly situational questions and questions regarding my resume. One engineer did ask technical questions about computer architecture, microprocessors, and digital circuits. Three of the interviewers were very positive and attentive to my answers. One interviewer was very introverted and quite, so I was mainly leading what was said. The technical interviewer was not paying attention to my answers and was in a hurry to leave. After each of my answers, he told me what he would say. For the most part, it was almost exactly what I said. He cut off the interview about ten minutes short to go do something else.

Overall, Milwaukee Tool almost has the interview process nailed down perfectly, but they failed at the final part of the interview. They didn't call me back to let me know if I did or did not get the position. This is the final round of the interview, the least they could do is call the candidates back. They even said that they would get back to everyone within a week. I knew some of the other candidates and they didn't get calls either, so HR failed in this regard. So for anyone interviewing with Milwaukee Tool, make sure you call them if you don't hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between memory on a computer vs the memory on a microprocessor?   View Answer
  • Draw the output waveform when of this MOSFET circuit.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Olive Branch, MS

The process took a day - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was quite a few questions about previous jobs as well as how I thoguht I could use those skills at this co.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict in office?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool.

Interview Details – Hiring Manager scheduled interview for next day. Interview went very well. It was decided that a peer of Hiring Manager would conduct another interview. The 2nd interview did not happen. The company made a decision to promote from within and not conduct any more interviews.

Field Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Milwaukee Electric Tool in February 2012.

Interview Details – Talked with HR and Sales reps in the initial stages. Then was moved on to a corporate interview session which took 2 days. They are trying to determine if you fit with the culture they are trying to instill in the company. I recommend being yourself, so you don't get involved with a company you don't believe in. Good place to work.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Very good employment offering, but it just wasn't my best.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Milwaukee Electric Tool? Contribute to the Community!

Milwaukee Electric Tool Videos

Milwaukee Electric Tool – Why Work for Us?

Great Careers At Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools and accessories for professional users… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milwaukee Electric Tool interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Milwaukee Electric Tool employees and interview candidates.