Mimecast Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.4

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mimecast.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company. I was contacted immediately after applying and asked a few questions about my resume and discussed salary and benefits. The hiring manager said they were going to check with the team to see if they want to bring me in. I hear back a few days later and was told that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. They ask me a few more questions about my resume and things immediately took a turn for the worse. They told me the job description on their website isn't correct and the duties I said I was used to doing were not part of the job description (well maybe its time to post the correct description then?). Then they told me that I don't have any relevant experience and actually started yelling at me that I don't have what they were looking for (hey, you contacted me). The job description stated 4 years paralegal experience and did not specify what type of paralegal (again, maybe its time to update your job description). They said they would call me back the next day but as I expected, I didn't hear back. Between the incorrect job posting being listed on the website, and being accosted for not meeting the requirements that weren't posted anywhere after they were the ones to contact me, I have never had such a bad experience before even interviewing with a company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things that were not part of the job description.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mimecast (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very thorough - at least 8 interviews. Although this might have been because of uniqueness and newness of role .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Core Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mimecast (Watertown, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with Director, in person with the then Manager who has since left (When the dept went down the drain). The phone screen was rather straight forward and I basically met with management from all different departments in the in person, nobody knew what the last one said/asked so not many tech questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic Exchange questions, what type of work I did for MSP's and whether or not I was able to support new products.. Also asked me to perform a response to a disgruntled client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided me with an offer letter which I considered and then accepted

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mimecast (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone, in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mimecast in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an agent that is in a long term relationship with the company. He has found my CV containing the necessary skills for a position with Mimecast and approached me very politely and enthusiastically. After describing my skillset and experience history with my approval my CV was forwarded to the company who within 2 days scheduled a phone interview and next Monday had a face to face interview. No tests, just a casual but technical talk about my experience. 3 days Later I received my confirmation and Next Monday my official offer with highly competitive salary and benefits package.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult in the interview process. Mostly given the fact I have the necessary know-how about all the aspects of the role.   Answer Question

Enterprise Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mimecast (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Was talked into this Interview by a recruiter. Although, at least 3 other recruiters seem to have the same role as well as Mimecast advertising directly. Attended the Interview and the 1st alarm bell to ring was their visitors book which was full of familiar (and some very talented) names in local ICT sales going back months. Interview started with a general intro and chit chat about background and then went rather quickly into what seemed to be nothing more than an attempt to pump me for information regarding key customers they are targeting locally. Amusingly, despite being told they were already trading (and doing great business) with Dimension Data at the beginning of the interview the country manager (who apparently forgot he'd said it) then had a lot of questions about how they should target Dimension Data and who my local contacts were. Unfortunately, The local management team are all UK ex-pats who have no background in the local ICT market and their strategy seems to be limited to pointing out that they aren't Symantec and to hire sales staff who can effectively walk them into their key target accounts via relationships Mimecast play in a very competitive space and while they are talking big OTE $$$ I would consider it to be a hard place to make money at least in the next couple of start-up years but a very easy place for a sales person to be left wearing the blame for poor results once the honeymoon is over. Added to that it seems all very casual, I was actually told by the country manager during the interview that he was in "no hurry to hire anyone" which begged the question as to why I was sitting there and only enhanced the feeling they are just tyre kicking.

Interview Questions

• None really, With the large number of good sales people they have seen thus far the interview seemed to be nothing more than a free information gathering session on the local landscape for their benefit rather than a job interview.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mimecast (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is slow and usually there are 4 interviews. Although for this position I only went through 2. Mimecast has an induction and education process which is extremly detailed and you have to show management you understand the ins and outs before you will be let anywhere near a customer.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Mimecast (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

First was the phone interview with quite an interesting guy. No technical questions for some reason. Just some personality/background probing. Then interview in an office with some department leads. Can't remember any technical questions again, just more of the same - personality/background/experience, describe previous projects, what drives you etc. At the end they said i wasn't passionate enough and i'm not really sure what were they meaning by that. First i'm generally perceived as a pleasant person to talk to. And I've asked the guy on the phone a lot of things about the company and the work process, it was quite interesting and i was excited. Then those 2 guys with questions they're asking on any interview, far from interesting. They haven't done anything to make me want to work in the company. So i have a feeling they're not interested in professionals, they're interested in young passionate devs who are desperate to be hired by anyone really and can work for peanuts. So if you want to work there - smile a lot and don't forget to jump with excitement from time to time, no matter how good you are, that helps.

Interview Questions

• Describe me the architecture of the previous project you were working on.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales SE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mimecast in May 2010.

Interview

Horrible company, stay away! Muliple phone interviews followed by on-site face to face. I was forced to do puzzles and other strange "interviewing techniques". Completely unprofessional. When asked what my present salary was they actually laughed in my face. Puzzles after 20 years of experience?

.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mimecast (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview process is very relaxed and does not have book questions. They are mostly interested in your problem solving skills and very deep knowledge of technologies in common. They are not looking for wizard monkeys who only know how to create solutions from templates in Visual Studio and not using just microsoft stack. The .NET server side positions are incredibly interesting and technologically challenging.

Interview Questions

• nothing in particular, most answers rely on your personal coding experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate at that stage