Mimi's Cafe Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mimi's Cafe

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe in April 2015.

Interview

Saw a posting online, went in and filled out an application in person. Had a short interview on the spot, came back a few days later for a longer one and was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How would your friends describe you? What did you like/dislike about your last job?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

I applied for a position as a hostess after an unsuccessful foray into the insurance sales field. I had lost my car and i really didn't have many options. The application process was quick and painless. I received a call for an interview the very next day. The interview was pleasant and professional. The store manager did seem to have an interest in my background but most of the questions didn't feel very relevant (in my opinion) to the job I was applying for. I was blatantly told that this position was a hostess position and there would be no opportunity to advance into serving or any other job in the restaurant. I didn't express y displeasure with that scenario, largely because I was desperate for work. It took about a week before I heard back from anyone, then the store manager reached out to me personally to let me know that they weren't offering me a position because they felt I was overqualified for the job. I believe I got that call because I knew someone working at the restaurant - they had referred me. I don't know that it was common practice. About a week later I received another call from the store manager wanting to know if I could start work immediately. Apparently the other hires didn't pan out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a hostess after working the types of jobs you have in the past?   Answer Question

Host Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Fountain Valley, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I didn't know anyone who worked at this Fountain Valley, CA location. I submitted my application to the hiring manager named Renee and she gave me an interview on the spot. It was about 10 questions and lasted about ten minutes. At the end she said (cause i've never had a job before) "was this your first interview?" And I said no, about the 5th one. And she said "well you did well!" and I was thinking "yeah right, lady!" Then she said, her assistant managers would look over my application and she would get back to me next week. Questions I was asked: Why do you want to work at a restaurant and why do you want to be a hostess? What brings you to Mimi's? Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? Are you an organized person? If you were working at the host stand and not much was going on/it was slow, what would you be doing? Have you dined at Mimi's before? What're your favorite classes that you're taking at _____ college? And why? What are you planning to do with your major at _____ college? And why? Will you be transferring to a state college anytime soon? Will it be a local college? How many hours and days a week are you able to work? Are you willing to work weekends? Are you willing to work holidays?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a restaurant and why do you want to be a hostess?   2 Answers
    • What're your favorite classes that you're taking at _____ college? And why?   1 Answer
    • What are you planning to do with your major at _____ college? And why?   1 Answer

Actually I haven't gotten an offer yet, I just got back from the interview. I just wanted to post it right away for those who need the questions.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

I went through five different interviews in the process. All but one were phone interviews. The process itself took well over a month from beginning to end. Had to complete online testing which I do not believe is required. Typical background checks are completed as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was an internal promote. I started off as a server and did so for a couple years. By continuously proving myself, working hard and taking great care of my guests, good things came to me. Not only was I a good server but I wanted more. I want to learn every aspect of the business to help me grow and make a comfortable living doing what I enjoy, which is interacting with customers and making them happy.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in a new opportunity.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

For the last several years, management has pretty much hired anyone with a pulse. If you can speak English and learn the basics of serving you're almost guaranteed to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any interest in becoming a manager some day?   1 Answer

Hostess, Busser, Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Westminster, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

I printed an job application online, filled it out, and submitted it to a local Mimi's Cafe. It was passed onto the manager by a employee. The next day, I received a call asking for me to come in for an interview. The manager was very friendly and interpersonal, and not intimidating at all. Interview questions included, "Tell me about yourself," and "What my duties were at my previous workplace?" The interview itself only lasted maybe 5-8 minutes. Immediately, she offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they see a spark in you at the interview, they will be prompt to offer you the job. Be friendly, articulate, and assertive. You'll get the job.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Upland, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had been referred to Mimi's by a corporate recruiter that I had met at a college expo. I had originally interviewed with her at their corporate office in Irvine where I was asked about long term goals, salary expectations, and my experience as well as education and possibility of longevity with the company after finishing college. Then interviewed at a local Mimi's Cafe.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of behavioral based questions, more about experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Lakewood, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

asked me simple questions, "why do you want to work here?" It was very easy, My manger at the time was very simple and didn't expect a whole lot of me

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no I wasn't

CM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Dublin, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

First there is the initial interview then 2 more with various members of management. After hired you go through orientation and training for 6 weeks. Then you are finally placed in a home store.