Mincom Interview Questions

3.3

Senior Consulting Role Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mincom in June 2010.

Detailed discussions with senior management. Extensive network validation. Open and honest disclosure of job needs. A good process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around my personal cosulting style. Asking me to be specifc about how I chose to approach clients and situtaions.   Answer Question
    Simple.

Communications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mincom in August 2009.

I had first applied the job online from JobStreet.com. I received an email from the team leader of the network & security team for an interview. The first interview started with the written skills test where they tested concepts on data and voice networking. After I finished the written test, the team lead discussed the questions with me. I was then called for a second interview with the general manager & director to discuss on salary, employee benefits and etc.

Interview Questions
    • As a consultant to a company, you will have to plan the TCP/IP network company that has a network address of 172.17.255.0. You determine that the network will need nine subnets. Which subnet mask will provide the highest number of hosts per subnet?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the date to start as I had to give 1 month notice for my previous company. I had also asked for 5k and only agreed after the general manager & director said that I will receive an additional 800 for on-call work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mincom in May 2008.

Initial phone interview with area manager was followed up by a panel meeting of executive level managers, some were connected by telephone. Mainly concerned about Project Management experience and proposed fairly simple PM scenarios. This interview was foillowed up by a personality interview a couple of days later. This was very much a company fit meeting over a cup of coffee where the cons of Mincom business experiences were detailed. Final meeting was with the vertical VP who mainly talked about himself.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be prepared to work in remote areas despite the dangers>   View Answer
    Salaries are fairly set but you can negoriate up 5%. Do this as they are poor in salary reviews after being hired,