MindShare

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MindShare in December 2014.

It's mostly behavior questions and they are trying to find out if you are a logical or creative person. It really depends on the interviewer. There's not much surprises as you go through your resume and see if the job description matches with skills. The process take 2 weeks as the recruiter phone screen you and then set up an appointment for you to meet with the hiring managers. You will be interviewed by various companies and various employers from 1 to 1 meeting or a group of 3 hiring managers. It sounds frightening but it is easy and they don't really grill you into it as it's only entry level, but do be prepare and you will have some great interviews with others and apathetic interviews with others.

Interview Questions
    • What is your hobby?
      What is the last book you read?
      Is there a time you suggest an idea or recommendation to higher manager to improve a current situation?
      Do you have any questions for me? - Always have questions for them on the job and what they like in a candidate

Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MindShare.

Pretty low key. HR rep told us beforehand to relax, that they all wanted to hire us at the end of the day...very friendly setting. Had a little 15 minute mini interview with an employee, and then with three others. Questions mostly were about experiences and interests

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MindShare.

Process when I interviewed was through a recruiter. Once I was short listed for interviews the recruiter handled everything efficiently. HR wasn't involved until the offer phase which was streamlined and professional.

Not a lot of wiggle room... unless in a senior level spot. Ask about the "Partnership" levels and request this upon hire.

Associate Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MindShare.

Applied online, was called on my phone and set up an interview a week later. interview was mainly all behavioral based questions. Was called the day of the interview and given an offer, it was a very pain free process.

Media Planner Interview

Pretty simple. Behavioral-based questions. One on one. Skipped the phone screen, because of qualification. The were very friendly. Be sure to ask good questions. Nice office. Nice people. Just wish I could have negotiated for more hours.

Interview Questions

Pay was too low. Hours weren't flexible.

Associate Panel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MindShare in April 2014.

Kind of like speed dating for a job interview. You are put in a room and four different employees will come in to ask questions. Each person is assigned to ask different questions given to them from HR. Some ask about self, agency, and some other things. Mostly behavioral based. Every person made it a very laid back environment rather than intense. Felt like I was having conversations.

Interview Questions
    • If you could learn about something that you haven't learned already, what would it be?   View Answer

Associate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MindShare in May 2013.

They interview multiple applicants by different stuff members in speed date fashion. So I had 4 interviews with 4 different Mindshare employes non-stop. Interesting fact that only 1 out of 4 was actually from department related to my job application others were from departments totally unrelated. It took 2 hours.
    Be prepared to answer a number of behavioral questions like:

-Tell us about the most difficult or frustrating individual that you’ve ever had to work with, and how you managed to work with them.
       -Do you consider yourself to be a proactive person? Give me an example of a time when you were proactive in solving a small problem before it turned into a major problem.
       - Describe a situation where you had to use confrontation skills
       - Have you eve changed someone’s mind about what you believed was a great idea but he or she didn’t see it?” etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to use confrontation skills   Answer Question

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MindShare in March 2013.

Group Interview, Be prepared to answer a lot of behavioral questions with specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in which you had to not finish a task because of a lack of information. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MindShare in February 2013.

Pretty standard interview process. Asked about background and experience, what I studied in school. Why did I want to work at Mindshare? Why was I looking to pursue a career in Media? The main recruiter (who has since left Mindshare) was incredibly helpful in the whole process. I interviewed for one account but they didnt think I would be a good fit. Within a few days he called me back and had me come in again to meet with another team, who ultimately made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite ad campaign or commercial?   View Answer
    There is no salary negotiations for the entry-level position

Display Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MindShare in July 2014.

Directly first interview in the office with 2 people from the team. Great account, really good conversation about the role and media channels. Felt informal but was a thorough interview not only looking at my current role but also my career history and talking a lot about the demands on the managers and why they need new people to join. Tip: Make sure you know the salary you are getting put forward at, otherwise this may disappoint you and waste your time and theirs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult if you can think on your feet and come in well prepared.   Answer Question

Pay way too low