MindShare North America

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MindShare North America.

Super casual, mostly behavioral and some "why are you interested" questions. Really just wanted to know a bit about who I was, what my interests were, to see if I could hold a conversation, etc...

none

Associate Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MindShare North America in August 2014.

You and how ever many other applicants go into a meeting room where each applicant sits at their own awkward coffee table with their name on it. A manager will be on the other side of each two person table, and 4 managers will interview you within a two hour period - 30 mins each. Each manager has their own list of questions to ask you covering different aspects of yourself and your experience, but some are repetitive. In total you answer about 30-ish questions.

Interview Questions
    • When is a situation in which you had to think outside of the box and present it to others, and how did you execute it?   Answer Question

Search Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MindShare North America.

A regular telephone interview about your background and previous working experience;
    If you pass the phone interview, you would be asked to go through a 2 rounds on-site interview, holding by group members you would be working with.
    No tough questions. Some behavioral questions like if you could change your life, what would you change.

Digital Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MindShare North America.

I was referred through an employee of the company. My résumé was personally delivered to Human Resources. Two days later, I was called by a hiring manager, and was scheduled an interview with MindShare. Typically, there is a phone screening process, but I was able to forgo this stage because of my referral.

In the 15 minutes before the interview began, myself and the other four candidates were given an introduction to the interview and what to expect. This calms the nerves and takes away the mystery of the interview--very helpful.

The interview session consists of four separate interviews, each with a higher-up from a different area of the company. The total session lasts two hours. Each interview lasts 30 minutes. It's like speed dating, in the sense that you sit in one seat, and the interviewers rotate around until you have spoke with each of them. They are assigned different topics from Human Resources to question you on--Self, Agency, Client, Teamwork.

The questions are almost all behavioral based. The interviewers are mostly looking to make sure you can think on your feet. For this position, since it is entry level, they aren't concerned so much with what you know about the industry, but more interested in how you think and function. Be honest, detailed and confident.

After the completion of the interview, you are given a short timeframe of when you can expect to hear back from the company. I received my offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time you disagreed with a manager's policy, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell of a time you had to deal with a difficult person, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question
    • What role do you typically take within a team? Why?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. There's a lot of room for growth within the company, because they promote from within. After a year, you're looking at a generous raise, says the hiring manager.

Director Interview

Several interviews with people on the team. HR was not actively involved.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected questions. Just experience, examples of strategic solutions to problems.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MindShare North America.

The interview was very laid back, and the NYC office is really nice. Found out that interviewer went to the same high school at me so the interview turned out to be very laid back. No crazy questions, just asking what I know about media and learning more about the position.

Associate Interview

you need to know someone who works here as with any ad agency

no negotiation

Digital Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MindShare North America.

there were 4 managers interviewing 4 candidates. each manager interviewed 1 candidate and then switched. each manager asked the same questions.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MindShare North America in May 2013.

Planning, Design, Monitoring, Scheduling - all of these things mattered for my interview and i rocked it!

Interview Questions
    • Their desire to understand and pile into data but i made it all work   Answer Question
    I named my price and it all worked out!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MindShare North America in June 2011.

Interview questions were standard, such as "tell me about yourself," "why are you leaving your current job," "what is a project you were most proud of," etc. Nothing behavioral was asked. Job as described was very different from written job description, and HR practices in general seemed rudimentary. Interviewer described tensions between generalists and specialists.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help disagreeing stakeholders come to agreement?   Answer Question