Mindjet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Channel Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mindjet in November 2012.

Interview Details – I found the job posting on LinkedIn and applied through Mindjet's careers website. Within two days, I was contacted via email by the recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter (agency) was 15 minutes late for our 30 minute conversation - no apologies for the delay. The conversation went well, but lasted no more than 15 minutes. He told me that he would forward my resume and qualifications to the hiring manager.

Five days later, I received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager was "very interested" in speaking with me....that very day. OK, so the phone interview was scheduled for that morning. About 20 minutes before the scheduled time, the recruiter emailed me to reschedule the phone interview for another time three days hence.

The scheduled time arrived, and the hiring manager NEVER CALLED. Since I only had a name for the hiring manager, but no other information, I contacted the recruiter by both phone (voice mail) and email. I received an email reply from the recruiter telling me that the interview was rescheduled for two weeks later. There was NO APOLOGY or explanation for the no show.

Obviously, I was beginning to have grave doubts about the professionalism of both the recruiter and the company, but I agreed to the new time.

Two weeks later, I prepared for the phone interview - research, elevator speech, work examples, etc. Wouldn't you know it....the hiring manager stood me up again.

So I contacted the recruiter again. He emailed me back with some lame excuse that he had a new operating system and that I fell through the cracks. He also said that the hiring manager was in the middle of a large project and was holding off on interviewing until the project was wrapped up and that they would be back in touch.

I waited a month to contact the recruiter again, but, surprise, surprise, he never got back to me.

It's been two months since this whole joke began.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Mindjet? Contribute to the Community!