Mindjet

www.mindjet.com

Mindjet Interview Questions

2.9

Channel Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in March 2013.

I applied, received no response.
    3 months later I was approached by a recruiter they had hired for the search.
    Excellent rapport with the recruiter.
    Telephone interviews with recruiter, then VP of Marketing + Director of Channels.
    3 hours of in person interviews.
    Nice group of people, interesting job.
    They "rescoped" the position and hired a completely different skillset.
    It was only through my repeated contact with the recruiter was I able to find out, 2 weeks later,that as a final round candidate I had not been made aware of the business change or elimination of the position.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in November 2012.

I found the job posting on LinkedIn and applied through Mindjet's careers website. Within two days, I was contacted via email by the recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter (agency) was 15 minutes late for our 30 minute conversation - no apologies for the delay. The conversation went well, but lasted no more than 15 minutes. He told me that he would forward my resume and qualifications to the hiring manager.

Five days later, I received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager was "very interested" in speaking with me....that very day. OK, so the phone interview was scheduled for that morning. About 20 minutes before the scheduled time, the recruiter emailed me to reschedule the phone interview for another time three days hence.

The scheduled time arrived, and the hiring manager NEVER CALLED. Since I only had a name for the hiring manager, but no other information, I contacted the recruiter by both phone (voice mail) and email. I received an email reply from the recruiter telling me that the interview was rescheduled for two weeks later. There was NO APOLOGY or explanation for the no show.

Obviously, I was beginning to have grave doubts about the professionalism of both the recruiter and the company, but I agreed to the new time.

Two weeks later, I prepared for the phone interview - research, elevator speech, work examples, etc. Wouldn't you know it....the hiring manager stood me up again.

So I contacted the recruiter again. He emailed me back with some lame excuse that he had a new operating system and that I fell through the cracks. He also said that the hiring manager was in the middle of a large project and was holding off on interviewing until the project was wrapped up and that they would be back in touch.

I waited a month to contact the recruiter again, but, surprise, surprise, he never got back to me.

It's been two months since this whole joke began.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in June 2012.

Consisted of a phone interview which was very casual. Went over my portfolio and spoke about availability. The next step was an in-person interview which was even more casual and laid back. Not the typical interview, more of a conversation.

Offer letter.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in February 2012.

They have a phone interview and a practical test. The phone screen may last anywhere between 15 mins - 45 mins. The practical test may take most of your day. Starts at about 8:30 am and with an explanation of the problem. 3 hour practical test. They take you out for lunch. and then have code review, if satisfied, language interview, and experience interview. totally about 5-7 hours

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindjet in February 2012.

You would get a phone interview at first, then you have to take a practical test, about 3-4 hours. The testing computer is located in the middle of the office while everybody is working regularly. Interviewers have remote access to it. After you are finished, the interviewers see if you complete expectations, then you will go out for lunch with them. If you are not, then shake hands and never hear from them anymore.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions here, everything is straight-forward.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindjet in August 2011.

One of the Senior Managers found my resume on Monster and contacted me about the position. I replied and the manager wanted to set up an interview immediately. I went in the next day and when I arrived I had to wait for a long time. Then, when the manager came out to greet me, she said "I completely forgot that we had set up this meeting". I was apalled at her lack of professionalism and her complete disregard of my time. It set the tone for the entire interview. I learned that she was new and had only been there a few months and doubt she is still with the company. I did not get an offer, but was not really enticed by the company's first impression to want an offer.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mindjet in May 2011.

I happened to find the job listing for this job via a recruiter on Craigslist. After a lot of discussions with the recruiter. I managed to have a conversation with the hiring manager, the VP of Product Marketing.

In general, I thought that the meeting went well, but the recruiter told me that she thought I was a job hopper and had serious issues about the length of the jobs I had back in the 1990s. Since I heard it was a good company, I tried very hard to get a second round which I was finally able to obtain.

I met with a number of people who seemed to be friendly and had a chance to address the concerns regarding my past to the VP, but it was futile. I didn't get the job -- interestingly enough, the position was not filled for a long time and was recently re-posted which makes me wonder if they ever found a person for the job or they gave up hope and decided to try again.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you work at so many companies in the 1990s?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in February 2011.

It was good experience. Nice process.

To be done

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mindjet in December 2010.

2 phone, 2 in person, reference check

Interview Questions
    • How would you attack your given sales territory today?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindjet in May 2010.

The company's internal recruiter contacted me (I believe he found me through Dice or Creative Hotlist) and arranged a preliminary phone interview with the person who'd be hiring me. The first time, it was a "no show"; they didn't call at the appointed time. But the recruiter contacted me again and apologized ("something came up", whatever), and scheduled another time.

This time, the hiring person called on time and we had a fairly casual one hour chat. I felt like I was talking to a peer and we quickly established a good professional rapport. I think the door is open (or the ball is in my court) as to whether I want to pursue this position. It does sound like a promising opportunity, but after 10 years of self-employment, I honestly don't know whether I can go back to F/T "golden handcuff" work.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I don't recall any "gotcha" questions, since this was really more of an informal meet-and-greet.   Answer Question