Mindshare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

I have interviewed with this company on two separate occasions for two different positions. Both times proved them to be extremely disorganized. They recently went through a restructure and I was told I would have to interview with all of the M's under the GroupM umbrella, regardless if there was a position needing to be filled, as was protocol. I had to take off 3 separate days and find time for 2 phone interviews just to interview with this company - only to have them never call me or follow up. I have since cut my losses but be warned they are very slow to move things along and are extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Are you well-versed and familiar with multiple channels?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

A basic phone interview (why MindShare? Why this position? Tell me about your resume, etc.) and two in-person's. Focused on background, but also personality and fit within the department. Straightforward about what the job entails and expectations. Got pretty specific into each interview answer, your work ethic, etc. Overall, solid interview process and I felt like if I got it, it would be a great fit, and if I didn't, then they knew I wouldn't be a good fit and it would be for the better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their careers page and utilized a previous intern's referral.

Had a brief introductory interview via phone and was then invited to come into the office for about 2 hours and four interviews. A few other candidates and I participated in a "round robin" style of interviews where we sat in the same room and had four different employees interview us for about half an hour. All interviewers had a list of set questions that they were going through and most seemed like they were just going through the motions and checking questions off their lists.

Unfortunately, I was in a room with another candidate interviewing so there were four people with two conversations going at the same time. Thankfully, I was able to maintain my focus but it was very unprofessional on HR's part.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience, what part of the business can you see yourself working in, what attracted you to Mindshare   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Digital Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

After coming upon Mindshare's opening, I was invited in for an interview and met with 3 of the team members. They were informative but informal, and it made the conversation very easy. Asking about my previous experience, they outlined almost exactly what I was expected to bring to the team, and helped me get an understanding of some of the challenges they were facing. This simple interview process is how interviews should be.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working against tight timelines and working across more than one client business?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mindshare in December 2014.

Interview

It's mostly behavior questions and they are trying to find out if you are a logical or creative person. It really depends on the interviewer. There's not much surprises as you go through your resume and see if the job description matches with skills. The process take 2 weeks as the recruiter phone screen you and then set up an appointment for you to meet with the hiring managers. You will be interviewed by various companies and various employers from 1 to 1 meeting or a group of 3 hiring managers. It sounds frightening but it is easy and they don't really grill you into it as it's only entry level, but do be prepare and you will have some great interviews with others and apathetic interviews with others.

Interview Questions

• What is your hobby?
      What is the last book you read?
      Is there a time you suggest an idea or recommendation to higher manager to improve a current situation?
      Do you have any questions for me? - Always have questions for them on the job and what they like in a candidate

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindshare in December 2014.

Interview

Pretty Simple. I was already at the level I was interviewing for so I bypassed the phone screening and went straight to an in person interview. Met with two AMDs and was questioned mostly about my past experience, projects, and what interested me in working at MindShare. Very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty easy, but the hardest question was about what I needed the most development in and experience with higher level strategy.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience managing others?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

Pretty low key. HR rep told us beforehand to relax, that they all wanted to hire us at the end of the day...very friendly setting. Had a little 15 minute mini interview with an employee, and then with three others. Questions mostly were about experiences and interests

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

Super casual, mostly behavioral and some "why are you interested" questions. Really just wanted to know a bit about who I was, what my interests were, to see if I could hold a conversation, etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY).

Interview

Process when I interviewed was through a recruiter. Once I was short listed for interviews the recruiter handled everything efficiently. HR wasn't involved until the offer phase which was streamlined and professional.

Negotiation

Not a lot of wiggle room... unless in a senior level spot. Ask about the "Partnership" levels and request this upon hire.

Associate Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You and how ever many other applicants go into a meeting room where each applicant sits at their own awkward coffee table with their name on it. A manager will be on the other side of each two person table, and 4 managers will interview you within a two hour period - 30 mins each. Each manager has their own list of questions to ask you covering different aspects of yourself and your experience, but some are repetitive. In total you answer about 30-ish questions.

Interview Questions

• When is a situation in which you had to think outside of the box and present it to others, and how did you execute it?   Answer Question