Mindspeed

10 candidate interviews

Product Applications Staff Engineer Interview

Product Applications Staff Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mindspeed.

Interview Details – Interviewing entire day with multiple people. Some are engaged in interview process. Some are not. Need to make sure you get business cards because if you don't, you won't know who the heck you interviewed with.

Interview Question – Make a thesis type presentation on a problem you solved. What/how/when/where/results.   Answer Question

Electronic Design Engineer Interview

Electronic Design Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mindspeed in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 by 1 interview for 4,5 ppl. need writing test.

Interview Question – some basic skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – give me the offer ,then accepted

Analog and Mixed Signal Intern Interview

Analog and Mixed Signal Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mindspeed in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager contacted me regarding this opportunity and within 1 day the phone interview was setup and he asked me questions based on my resume.

Interview Question – What is a current mirror and what are the difficulties while designing it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mindspeed.

Interview Details – HR contacted me after a internal referral
1 telephonic screening by the director
3 rounds of personal interviews
The first one focussed on verification skills and in depth knowledge of recent project
The 2nd one focussed on system level skills.
Third one was more of problem solving and scoping of technical knowledge across the range.
SoC knowledge is a minimum requirement along with advanced verification experience

Interview Question – Was not caught off-gaurd in these interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much. was happy with what was offered

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Field Applications Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mindspeed in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was four round interview.
1. Tell about former project experience.
2. Manager will have a face to face interview, in this round, you could ask sth you want to know.
3. A phone interview by R&D.
4. Final interview big boss.

Interview Question – Do not get difficult or unexpected question, just tell the truth. If you met the recruit requirement, you get big chance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiate, get the number I want

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mindspeed in March 2009.

Interview Details – initial phone interview was about the content of resume, introductions etc

1:1 was based on basics.
Was given a TIA to solve.

Interview Questions

Analog Design Interview

Analog Design

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mindspeed in June 2010.

Interview Details – Ask me to answer his questions about three circuits

1. current source
2. Op-amp
3. cascode amp

Interview Questions

• cascode amplifier with ideal current source connected at the source and resistor connected at the drain

what is the gain ?
      View Answer
  • a Op-amp, ask the frequency pole, and how to improve the imbalance, where is the most important pole.   Answer Question
  • a current mirror circuit, ask me that output voltage range   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mindspeed in September 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very friendly

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mindspeed in August 2009.

Interview Details – I got this new position by talking with a new department manager, clearly they need someone to fill in the job, and HR asked me if I am interested in a new role. I then got an interview opportunity and been asked for many aspect of the new role, and if I am willing to travel, and if I am confortable to coordinate team without supervising etc, and I got the job in about one hour.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult task you were able to complish.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary, negotiated $4k more than initial offer

Design Engineer III Interview

Design Engineer III

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mindspeed.

Interview Details – Rectruitment Agency contact
HR contact
Phone Interview
Technical Interview by the Project Lead followed by the Business Unit Director

Interview Question – In system verilog, how will you randomize without the randomize method call?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Comfortable

Worked for Mindspeed? Contribute to the Community!