Mindtree

2.9

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Back Ground: Got a Call from Consultancy for interview..

Actual Interview Details... Totally 4 Rounds..For junior level employees(2-3 yrs exp)

First Round : Written Test Basic technical questions.. if you have worked on the technology long enough you should be able to answer questions quite easily.

Second Round: Face to Face interview with Tech Lead. Asked Very basic questions on concepts execution definitions etc..Interviewer asked me to write few snippets...

Third Round: Tech Discussion with the Tech Architect.. More of an discussion on how you handle situations , EQ and Mostly Managerial in Nature.

Final Round: HR Round .. This is only for Sal Negotiations..

Got 50% hike from my current CTC

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

HR called shortlisted candidates for Face to Face technical interview
    It happened for 1 full day, Started with 1 tech round follwed by 1 more technical rounds the same day.
    Then i have been called for 1 manager on next week. Once everything i sdone they called me for HR Round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Difference b/w Set/List/Map
      2. Name Different access modifier
      6. What is multi threading
      7. What is synchronization in threads
      8. What is abstraction and encapsulation and its use
      9. if a constructor have return type what happens
      10. Name diff types of constructors.
      11. For above questions includes cross questions

Answer Question

Module Lead - Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

2 rounds, 1st was technical with design patterns,core java basics, j2ee,MVC,oracle basics, web technologies basics.
    2nd round was more on non technical , about personal,expectation, position and domain details.3rd was Hr ,y u want to join Mindtree ,what you know about Mindtree.

Interview Questions
    They have band .HR is smart here.No negotiation.

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

The process was very nice. It was a scheduled interview and they will give you a call at the exact time. There were 4 rounds of which two were Technical , one each Managerial and HR.They even provided lunch which I haven't seen in any of the Tier-1 companies so far.Overall I got the offer and accepted it. Very nice experience with the entire process management.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a program on queue without using any of the collections framework methods.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate if you are joining early or if you have any offers

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

Through referral, Got a call from HR,
    Interviewers were polite and professional, but took time to take a decision.
    Both the interviewers covered all the aspects at a high level (operations, recruitment, strategy and technical experience)
    Eventually since I didn't have experience in that domain they rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked personal questions about family and kids, which is according to 'corporate norms' a no-no.. but in India, especially if interviewed by folks coming from the old-school of thought this might be normal. One needs to only answer to the point and leave it at that.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

I appeared for Mindtree through eLitmus, the first round was a coding round, there was a 3rd party online coding portal and it was really bad, the page didn't fit the screen, few sides of pages invisible. There were 2 programs and we had to write the algorithm for the programs first and then code the program in the portal.

The programs were like
    1) Find the length of the largest substring between vowels in a string(ignoring spaces).
    2) Input 5 numbers and show the numbers which can form the sides of a triangle.

Next there was this HR+Technical Round.
    The guy who was asking me questions was a serious one, didn't show a sign of smile while i was smiling all the time !
    I was asked to write a program before him (language of my preference), in my case it was Compare two arrays without using library functions, and return if they are equal or not.

Tech Questions-
    Then he asked me questions from Java.
    The topic which i was asked are like- Type casting its types and example in code, Threads, Exception, Wrapper classes, Generics, Collections, JDBC connection procedure and code(Just till the part where the Connection Object is returned), Little bit of ER diagram when given a situation, Basic questions from Servlets etc.
    Ellaborate Final year project, and your role.

HR Questions-
    Where am i from.
    About my family.
    How many months am in Bangalore.
    Do i feel frustrated while being away from my home town.
    How do i feel about being a leader.
    What do i expect from my Job.
    How many interviews have i given till now and what are the reasons if i got rejected in the previous interviews.
    Why i want to join Mindtree.
    (If you have a offer from other company) Will i give Mindtree preference, if yes then why so.
    What are my expectations from MindTree.
    And Lastly, Are there any question in your mind?
    -> Its better to show yes and ask a non offensive question to show the interviewer that you are interested. I asked that what chances are there of me working in java related technologies since i love java like anything, the interviewer smiled at last ! And said "Good Chances".

Best of luck guys.

Interview Questions
    • Type Casting related Question, double x=10.04; int a =(int)x;
      What role does the "(int)" play here and what might happen if i remove it.

View Answer
    None, Payment was 3.2lpa , more than what other mncs provide to freshers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

We were Shortlisted through Elitmus.At first there was Algorithm cum Coding Test (no elimination).on 1st day.Then there was Technical clubbed with HR Round on 2nd day.Process was conducted in SJBIT.There were around 10 panels in different rooms. Offer letter was given on same day. Joining was in 15-20 days.To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
    Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.
    Calculation of no of common factors of two numbers other than 1 and print the same.

Interview Questions
    • To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
      Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.

Answer Question
    Tell two programming language in which you are confident.
    Tell two subjects in which you are confident.(must be DBMS or Data Structure or Operating system or Computer Network or C or C++ or Java for CS stream)
    Be confident with your English.
    Agree to all their conditions (relocation,shifts etc)
    Donot Lie about your abilities too much.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

i had applied it online and within 2 days got the call letter.
    there were four rounds
    1. soft skill assessment: essay was given to write on any 1 topic which were
    a)24/7 working in IT.
    b)arrange marriage vs love marriage.

2. gd tpoic was outsourcing in india.
    technical face to face.
    4. HR

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

it took 3 days.on the first day Amcat conducted exam after shortlisting from it there will be a programming round which is non elimination round.then after two days they called me for interview where i got rejected

Interview Questions
    • for cse people it is easy but for EEE people they are Java   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Mindtree in June 2014.

I attended the interview at Mindtree for the post of SSE- android frameworks through some consultancy. They took one written round, upon short listing they called for face to face technical discussion. Upon selecting in face to face technical HR said you are selected, there will be a short managerial discussion.