Mindtree

Mindtree Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2013.

I read it somewhere that an interview is the worst way to judge a candidate; sounds weird but so true it is. I had an interview with an amazing personality at Mindtree (a big shot) and he was clear what he needed for the position.

They got my reference from somewhere and called me over for an interview. They were kind to take care of my flight and taxi expenses. I really appreciate the HR contact (Deryl Dsouza) for his help, he was new joinee too :). The HR manager was nice and polite.

The interviewer put me in a situation, gave me a couple of hours along with a few chart papers and pens & wanted me to come up with a high-level solution. It was fun when I was free to think & consult them over a solution.

It wasn't my best shot in the interview but he wanted to see how I approach a problem.. and overall it was a detailed and well planned interview.

I really liked the way Mindtree hires the Minds... It wasn't just an interview!

Interview Questions
  • How would you change the behavior of people and make them do something completely different from what they have been doing from ages? (connect this to digital marketing)   Answer Question
Communication could have been better. I was sent an offer letter before I could negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mindtree in March 2010.

I'd applied to the firm seeking an opportunity to work in a smaller ambitious firm. After hearing a lot of positive reviews by the media, I thought it would be a good place for a consulting role. After the phone interview, I was promised another interview on a date. Making all arrangements to take the interview, I never heard from them. After 2 weeks, I get a call that some senior and "expert" Director of XYZ at MindTree is going to have a discussion with you. I was impressed at the attention they gave to my application but later came to be proven otherwise. I was interviewed by this Director who didn't even speak proper English, was very proud and arrogant. The most irritating part was that he didn't even know my name and called me a name of his choice throughout the interview (this was very irritating). The interview was lifeless and he asked a few questions which I answered. He later asked me a question from my area of expertise and he had a different view on the answer which was completely wrong. Even a quick Google search will prove that he was wrong. He wanted me to accept his answer, which I didn't and I stood firm with what I knew was right. In the end, I asked him for feedback on the interview and he explained a wrong understanding of the concept. All in all, poorly planned interview (didn't even know my name) with incompetent Director level person. Avoid at all cost unless you have no other option. If you're looking for applying new skills or specific high-value skills you've learnt, please stay away. A poor interview only reflects how bad the work life would be under these people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the new product development process and where would your management skills be useful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mindtree in March 2010.

Very straightforward - Questions on current role, reason for moving, why do I want to work for MindTree, any constraints on travel ( I was told I would be travelling 80% of the time in a non-sales role - didnt happen though).

Interview Questions
    Competency Role - Tried to negotiate for C5, was promised C4 for now, and a review in 6 months based on performance. Didnt happen in 6 months, did in a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in December 2009.

Hiring process was a a two level process. First a technical round which was a telephonic interview which took around 1-1.5 hours. Then there was a 1:1 interview with a Manager. Then the HR interview.