Mindtree

Mindtree Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2011.

Step 1: Aptitude exam + English test + C programming test.
Step 2: If shortlisted, then technical interview. I was asked to write 3-4 programs using any of the programming language I was comfortable with. I chose C and easily wrote the programs. One program was a difficult one, but I managed do it as well. They all were logical, so if u apply a little brain, its a cake walk. Also it depends on the guy whos taking the interview, I was lucky, my friend got a nast guy and she didnt get selected despite being very good. So all the best!
Step 3: If short listed again, then HR interview. It was a stress interview. So keep ur calm and never never say bad things about urself, ur college or ur school. Just be positive and keep smiling. Dont back answer.

Interview Questions
  • Deleting a subword. For example, write a program to remove MAN from SUPERMAN or MANNER or PREMAN.   View Answer
Freshers dont negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2010.

The recruiter from the company sent a mail, and asked for CTC, notice period along with resume. After a couple of days, i got an interview call letter. About the organization, i leearnt that they had bagged good number of development projects, and were paying decent enough. I alsoheard that considering the work culture, it would be a nice place to work for. As i reached the place, i saw a man checking the interview call letters, which each one of us had to carry. He was asking too many questions, and did not let candidates inside, though it was time for us the candidates to meet the contact person, After a while we were all asked to get into the elevator and go to the top most floor which happened to be the cafeteria.
    In the initial firs round, there was a written test that had to be taken. We were given a question paper and asked to write down a program, a query and a servlet controller class-jsp flow.
    Time given was about 45 mins. The test was conducted in a hap hazard manner. People kept walking in and were given papers to take up the test. After they collected the papers, they kept the rest of the crowd waiting, until the last guy who walked in really late finished the test. I waited for nothing less than 3 hours, to know the results of the test.
    Then post lunch, they called us for 1:1 discussion, in batches of 5 people. When it was my turn, though i did answer all the questions, except for 2 of which i tried, but expressed i did not know much in detail. Later received the news about not making it through this round. After a wait!!

Interview Questions
    • which is you most fav package in java   Answer Question
    • more quesitons on collections, what happens if you add duplicate elements to a set, will it compile and run, compile with warnings/ gives error..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mindtree in August 2010.

It started with a telephonic interview, a technical one. Followed by a Video conference, a managerial round of interview. And finally an HR round of discussion including the salary negotiation and other related things.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the entire business case regarding the last assignment handled.   Answer Question
    Need to do a bit of homework, as MindTree has a fat variable component. Try to negotiate a bit on the higher side for a decent take home pay. Rest of the things are fine.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in August 2008.

Technical interview.. The questions were from my previous projects.

Non negotiable