Mindtree

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

210 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mindtree.

I got call letter for the interview through a test called AMCAT that was conducted in my college campus. Although I had to wait almost an entire day for my turn on the interview day, the interview wasn't disappointing. I was the last person that day and the interviewer first asked me to tell me about myself while he was reading my resume. Then asked me write a couple of programs in any language giving me the logic. I completed both correctly in c. Then asked me few more questions regarding my hobbies before the interview was over. Then at last the list of selected candidates were announced and they distributed offer letters. They said that they'll contact in future for further infos like maksheet and all.

Interview Questions
    • Sum of first n natural numbers using loop.
      Sum of first n natural even numbers but the input could be even or odd.
      Inputs should be got from user during runtime.

Answer Question
    No negotiations since I am a fresher and it was a campus interview. First 10k stipend during 3months training and after that there'll be a test. After clearing that test employment will get confirmed with salary pack of 3.2 LPA that includes 2.9 LPA CTC and 30k bonus after 1 year.

Software Engineer Interview

Simple basic questions on Engineering projects & basics java,Spring,J2EE.Be ready with basic C & JAVA Question.Some tricky question & puzzles were asked in the interview.2 technical and one HR round.HR round was just for name sake.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

Interview process is very goog and it involes aptitite test, technical skill test and face to face interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Back Ground: Got a Call from Consultancy for interview..

Actual Interview Details... Totally 4 Rounds..For junior level employees(2-3 yrs exp)

First Round : Written Test Basic technical questions.. if you have worked on the technology long enough you should be able to answer questions quite easily.

Second Round: Face to Face interview with Tech Lead. Asked Very basic questions on concepts execution definitions etc..Interviewer asked me to write few snippets...

Third Round: Tech Discussion with the Tech Architect.. More of an discussion on how you handle situations , EQ and Mostly Managerial in Nature.

Final Round: HR Round .. This is only for Sal Negotiations..

Got 50% hike from my current CTC

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

HR called shortlisted candidates for Face to Face technical interview
    It happened for 1 full day, Started with 1 tech round follwed by 1 more technical rounds the same day.
    Then i have been called for 1 manager on next week. Once everything i sdone they called me for HR Round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Difference b/w Set/List/Map
      2. Name Different access modifier
      6. What is multi threading
      7. What is synchronization in threads
      8. What is abstraction and encapsulation and its use
      9. if a constructor have return type what happens
      10. Name diff types of constructors.
      11. For above questions includes cross questions

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

I got a recruited through elitmus. So firstly there was a C objective test which was the only elimination round followed by Algorithm and Coding test. There were two questions for which we were to write algos and do the coding based on our algo.
    Next day we were called for intereview. There was a single interview and the results were announced next day.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about dynamic memory allocation,link list and few concepts based question   Answer Question

Module Lead - Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

2 rounds, 1st was technical with design patterns,core java basics, j2ee,MVC,oracle basics, web technologies basics.
    2nd round was more on non technical , about personal,expectation, position and domain details.3rd was Hr ,y u want to join Mindtree ,what you know about Mindtree.

Interview Questions
    They have band .HR is smart here.No negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindtree.

HR Coordinators are not in Sync with each other, My experience with HR team is not pleasant. HR team not available at the location and I had to do multiple follow-ups with the Staffing team.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning from HR while Interview process is scheduled.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

I appeared for Mindtree through eLitmus, the first round was a coding round, there was a 3rd party online coding portal and it was really bad, the page didn't fit the screen, few sides of pages invisible. There were 2 programs and we had to write the algorithm for the programs first and then code the program in the portal.

The programs were like
    1) Find the length of the largest substring between vowels in a string(ignoring spaces).
    2) Input 5 numbers and show the numbers which can form the sides of a triangle.

Next there was this HR+Technical Round.
    The guy who was asking me questions was a serious one, didn't show a sign of smile while i was smiling all the time !
    I was asked to write a program before him (language of my preference), in my case it was Compare two arrays without using library functions, and return if they are equal or not.

Tech Questions-
    Then he asked me questions from Java.
    The topic which i was asked are like- Type casting its types and example in code, Threads, Exception, Wrapper classes, Generics, Collections, JDBC connection procedure and code(Just till the part where the Connection Object is returned), Little bit of ER diagram when given a situation, Basic questions from Servlets etc.
    Ellaborate Final year project, and your role.

HR Questions-
    Where am i from.
    About my family.
    How many months am in Bangalore.
    Do i feel frustrated while being away from my home town.
    How do i feel about being a leader.
    What do i expect from my Job.
    How many interviews have i given till now and what are the reasons if i got rejected in the previous interviews.
    Why i want to join Mindtree.
    (If you have a offer from other company) Will i give Mindtree preference, if yes then why so.
    What are my expectations from MindTree.
    And Lastly, Are there any question in your mind?
    -> Its better to show yes and ask a non offensive question to show the interviewer that you are interested. I asked that what chances are there of me working in java related technologies since i love java like anything, the interviewer smiled at last ! And said "Good Chances".

Best of luck guys.

Interview Questions
    • Type Casting related Question, double x=10.04; int a =(int)x;
      What role does the "(int)" play here and what might happen if i remove it.

View Answer
    None, Payment was 3.2lpa , more than what other mncs provide to freshers.

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

The process was very nice. It was a scheduled interview and they will give you a call at the exact time. There were 4 rounds of which two were Technical , one each Managerial and HR.They even provided lunch which I haven't seen in any of the Tier-1 companies so far.Overall I got the offer and accepted it. Very nice experience with the entire process management.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a program on queue without using any of the collections framework methods.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate if you are joining early or if you have any offers