Mindtree Interview Questions in India

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

187 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mindtree.

HR Coordinators are not in Sync with each other, My experience with HR team is not pleasant. HR team not available at the location and I had to do multiple follow-ups with the Staffing team.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning from HR while Interview process is scheduled.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

I appeared for Mindtree through eLitmus, the first round was a coding round, there was a 3rd party online coding portal and it was really bad, the page didn't fit the screen, few sides of pages invisible. There were 2 programs and we had to write the algorithm for the programs first and then code the program in the portal.

The programs were like
    1) Find the length of the largest substring between vowels in a string(ignoring spaces).
    2) Input 5 numbers and show the numbers which can form the sides of a triangle.

Next there was this HR+Technical Round.
    The guy who was asking me questions was a serious one, didn't show a sign of smile while i was smiling all the time !
    I was asked to write a program before him (language of my preference), in my case it was Compare two arrays without using library functions, and return if they are equal or not.

Tech Questions-
    Then he asked me questions from Java.
    The topic which i was asked are like- Type casting its types and example in code, Threads, Exception, Wrapper classes, Generics, Collections, JDBC connection procedure and code(Just till the part where the Connection Object is returned), Little bit of ER diagram when given a situation, Basic questions from Servlets etc.
    Ellaborate Final year project, and your role.

HR Questions-
    Where am i from.
    About my family.
    How many months am in Bangalore.
    Do i feel frustrated while being away from my home town.
    How do i feel about being a leader.
    What do i expect from my Job.
    How many interviews have i given till now and what are the reasons if i got rejected in the previous interviews.
    Why i want to join Mindtree.
    (If you have a offer from other company) Will i give Mindtree preference, if yes then why so.
    What are my expectations from MindTree.
    And Lastly, Are there any question in your mind?
    -> Its better to show yes and ask a non offensive question to show the interviewer that you are interested. I asked that what chances are there of me working in java related technologies since i love java like anything, the interviewer smiled at last ! And said "Good Chances".

Best of luck guys.

Interview Questions
    • Type Casting related Question, double x=10.04; int a =(int)x;
      What role does the "(int)" play here and what might happen if i remove it.
        View Answer
    None, Payment was 3.2lpa , more than what other mncs provide to freshers.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

first round was aptitude,analytical and logical questions,it was easy to clear but time handling is very important.then scond round was program round just a single simple program,then straight hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

Standard Recruitment process. 1st round was aptitude test conducted by aspiring minds .then the selected candidates list was announced by evening . those who cleared 1st round were called for 2nd round which was HR interview on next day. The interview was easy to clear provided you have good knowledge in technical aspects.

Software Engineer Interview

first it was aptitude round...
    second round was programming based on java...|there was no elimination in second round..
    third round was hr .,,,there were only general questions....if you go through first round then it would be easy for you to crack next rounds.

Associate Consultant - Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

There were two round of interviews out of which one of HR discussion. The process was pretty straight forward and consisted of understanding of your prior experience and skill set. There were some technical questions further probing work experience.

There exists variance in salary distributions so do negotiate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

it took 3 days.on the first day Amcat conducted exam after shortlisting from it there will be a programming round which is non elimination round.then after two days they called me for interview where i got rejected

Interview Questions
    • for cse people it is easy but for EEE people they are Java   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in September 2014.

We were Shortlisted through Elitmus.At first there was Algorithm cum Coding Test (no elimination).on 1st day.Then there was Technical clubbed with HR Round on 2nd day.Process was conducted in SJBIT.There were around 10 panels in different rooms. Offer letter was given on same day. Joining was in 15-20 days.To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
    Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.
    Calculation of no of common factors of two numbers other than 1 and print the same.

Interview Questions
    • To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
      Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.
        Answer Question
    Tell two programming language in which you are confident.
    Tell two subjects in which you are confident.(must be DBMS or Data Structure or Operating system or Computer Network or C or C++ or Java for CS stream)
    Be confident with your English.
    Agree to all their conditions (relocation,shifts etc)
    Donot Lie about your abilities too much.

Programmer Analyst Interview

very friendly process .they make you to free good and give chance to answer .rest lies on you.both the process is very fast and less time take you will came to know the output in very short duration of time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

Interview process in quite simple, it was a written round first which had very basic multiple choice questions from core java (mainly from collections). Followed by 5 programs.
    The second round of interview was a face to face technical round...
    Will add the programming questions for aspiring candidates and will also try to answer a few...

Interview Questions
    • Write a program in java to print odd and even numbers one after another using 2 threads. (One thread should print even number and the other odds).   View Answer
    • Implement a stack using array in java.   View Answer
    • Find the performance difference between the below codes:

String s1 = "Hello";

String s2=new String("Hello");
        View Answer
    • For a given String, convert the first character of each word into upper case letters.   View Answer