Mindtree Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

SQL Server Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in January 2015.

There was not much communication on when it will start we had to wait and lounge until they come which is OK. Then we were given a written sql analysis test and the questions were very vague without any data and we assumed and took it. That was on paper and not on PC!!!

We had to remember all query syntax first, like rank functions etc. Then i assumed as data not there persons like CEO or GMs may not have department but to come in emp list so used left join they didn't shortlist me (which i was confident that i might have got all 8 right as i had time to revise) and was told got only 2 was correct and when queried they say you used left join and it returns more results. I told if all records had dept id left will return same but they didn't accept.
    Well end of day went all way from chennai (from Coimbatore originally) and you didn't get that satisfaction of an interview though you learnt may be they didn't want to broad thinking.

Even employee manager relation may be they wanted equi join!! I had seen examples with left join for this on net. Anyway i am happy that i was rejected in interview itself instead of selecting me and firing for using left join instead of inner join! We know that its slow but when we need all results we need to use.

Anyways long live the company and employees. And i return back from Bangalore to Coimbatore! (After a meager test for someone 15 years experience. )

Make sure you use equi joins if you go interviews there if they dint give data and only situations.

Interview Questions
    • employee manager and department and location relationships and reports. cant remember exact questions but need to write queries.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in January 2015.

There were two technical round and then HR round. Interviewer started with logical question and then OOPS question. I answered most of them. After that they called for another technical round. Second around also they asked technically and logical question, about project , about your interest. The overall interview was very good. Throughout the interview they are very supportive if you stuck somewhere they were giving hint.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mindtree.

I got call letter for the interview through a test called AMCAT that was conducted in my college campus. Although I had to wait almost an entire day for my turn on the interview day, the interview wasn't disappointing. I was the last person that day and the interviewer first asked me to tell me about myself while he was reading my resume. Then asked me write a couple of programs in any language giving me the logic. I completed both correctly in c. Then asked me few more questions regarding my hobbies before the interview was over. Then at last the list of selected candidates were announced and they distributed offer letters. They said that they'll contact in future for further infos like maksheet and all.

Interview Questions
    • Sum of first n natural numbers using loop.
      Sum of first n natural even numbers but the input could be even or odd.
      Inputs should be got from user during runtime.

Answer Question
    No negotiations since I am a fresher and it was a campus interview. First 10k stipend during 3months training and after that there'll be a test. After clearing that test employment will get confirmed with salary pack of 3.2 LPA that includes 2.9 LPA CTC and 30k bonus after 1 year.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in December 2014.

My interview took place via campus recruitment There were only two rounds ,an online test and an interview.The online test comprised of mathematical section,logical section ,anlaytical section and a coding section.In the coding section we where asked to write and execute two programs.Every candidate doesnt necessarily get the same programming questions as my friend had got different question.

Interview Questions
    • Except for programing ,other all the sections have predictable questions
      .For programming i got the questions:

question1:
      Input a number and a digit and print the no of times a digit occurs in the number.

question2:
       Execute a code which takes input n say 6 and prints the below pattern:
      5555556....
      and so on...

The interviewer basically test our ability to learn things quickly and analyze things.The interviewer asked some basic questions in C and C++.A simple pattern of numbers was given and I was asked to develop a logic to print it.

Software Engineer Interview

Simple basic questions on Engineering projects & basics java,Spring,J2EE.Be ready with basic C & JAVA Question.Some tricky question & puzzles were asked in the interview.2 technical and one HR round.HR round was just for name sake.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

Interview process is very goog and it involes aptitite test, technical skill test and face to face interview

Module Lead - Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree.

2 rounds, 1st was technical with design patterns,core java basics, j2ee,MVC,oracle basics, web technologies basics.
    2nd round was more on non technical , about personal,expectation, position and domain details.3rd was Hr ,y u want to join Mindtree ,what you know about Mindtree.

Interview Questions
    They have band .HR is smart here.No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Back Ground: Got a Call from Consultancy for interview..

Actual Interview Details... Totally 4 Rounds..For junior level employees(2-3 yrs exp)

First Round : Written Test Basic technical questions.. if you have worked on the technology long enough you should be able to answer questions quite easily.

Second Round: Face to Face interview with Tech Lead. Asked Very basic questions on concepts execution definitions etc..Interviewer asked me to write few snippets...

Third Round: Tech Discussion with the Tech Architect.. More of an discussion on how you handle situations , EQ and Mostly Managerial in Nature.

Final Round: HR Round .. This is only for Sal Negotiations..

Got 50% hike from my current CTC

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

HR called shortlisted candidates for Face to Face technical interview
    It happened for 1 full day, Started with 1 tech round follwed by 1 more technical rounds the same day.
    Then i have been called for 1 manager on next week. Once everything i sdone they called me for HR Round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Difference b/w Set/List/Map
      2. Name Different access modifier
      6. What is multi threading
      7. What is synchronization in threads
      8. What is abstraction and encapsulation and its use
      9. if a constructor have return type what happens
      10. Name diff types of constructors.
      11. For above questions includes cross questions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

I got a recruited through elitmus. So firstly there was a C objective test which was the only elimination round followed by Algorithm and Coding test. There were two questions for which we were to write algos and do the coding based on our algo.
    Next day we were called for intereview. There was a single interview and the results were announced next day.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about dynamic memory allocation,link list and few concepts based question   Answer Question