Mindtree Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

I shortlisted through elitmus. The process consists of online algorithm round and online coding test, no elimination happen at this stage.On second day they called all the candidates for F2F interviews, only single round mostly technical questions + some HR questions.The interviewer was friendly and helpful in nature.He asked me to write code for some problems like fibnacci numbers,pascal triangle etc. then he asked me to optimise my code from the coding round, after it he asked some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a positive number, you need to print the largest digit of the number, e.g. 7321464 then ans will be 7.   Answer Question
  • Given a string of some length, say n, then you need to output "Present" if all the vowels present in string, output "Absent" if some vowels present but not all, and output "None" if no vowel present in the string.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneshwar (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mindtree (Bhubaneshwar (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview questions were restricted to the basic but logical.

Once answered the interviewer made me think more scenarios to optimize the same code.
    The Hr interview was followed by the technical interview . The Hr wanted to know abt the strengths and weaknesses, discussed about new mindtree kalinga campus coming up , company polciies.All total HR round was a one-o-one discussion between you and the HR.

Interview Questions

• all basic programs prime , fibonacci , palindrome , fibonacci , recursion , array , all mathematical operation based questions were asked
      Asked me what oops means and describe it giving examples other than bookish and general examples as if explaining to a le man abt oops.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.Because it was a fresher role

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

I got selected through AMCAT.There was only one round Tech+HR interview.First I was asked to tell about myself.The Technical questions covered were from C,Java ,OOPS concepts like inheritance,DBMS ,data structures.I was also asked to write code for linked list.HR questions were behavioral questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years? how would you help your teammate when he faces difficulty ? are you willing to work in other locations? etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

Based on the AMCAT test we had written in our college, we got shortlisted for the Programming test by Mindtree.
    Programming test was for one hour and it consisted of two questions which can be done in either Java, C or C++. Programs I got : GCD of an array and Print Floyd's triangle in normal and reverse order
    Technical interview was super cool. Not even a single technical question asked. It was pure HR interview like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult really. As I said, there weren't any technical questions thrown at me.   Answer Question

Had a better offer on hand.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mindtree (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two technical round and then HR round. Interviewer started with logical question and then OOPS question. I answered most of them. After that they called for another technical round. Second around also they asked technically and logical question, about project , about your interest. The overall interview was very good. Throughout the interview they are very supportive if you stuck somewhere they were giving hint.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree (Coimbatore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

i took amcat Test in my third year .i was selected based on marks scored in the amcat . i got invitation from mail to attend the interview .they had the amcat results while taking the interview . few asked question from that. abt 500-600 attended the interview . i was lucky that i got selected

Interview Questions

• print the pascal triangle without using formula,
      string concepts in the c,

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was an Off-Campus Pool Drive in another Engineering College in Hyderabad. It started with a list of already shortlisted people from AMCAT exam. Then forwarded to Coding skills round for 1 hour which had a basic and an intermediate level C based questions.

After making it through the coding round we were called in for the interview on the next day. My turn came in the afternoon, when i was called in-before I even took my seat the question of Why a software job was shot at me- I am an EC Engineering background student (2015 batch). I answered it with some wit and later I was tested on my ability to learn in a short duration.

The result was given on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why a software job?
      Why Mindtree?
      Why didnt you get any other on-campus job in your own college? (I already got in TCS before attending Mindtree)
      How many fans are there in your college..give me a mathematical description for thee number you assumed.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

i got selected for the intrview through amcat exam....aftr i got short listed thrugh amcat they conducted a programming test...we need to write code for 2 questions...after dat tere is an intrview which comprised of hr and technical questions...technical included basics of c data structures micro processos

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they will check your confidence and your basic knowledge in your subjects and your logical skills

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple basic questions on Engineering projects & basics java,Spring,J2EE.Be ready with basic C & JAVA Question.Some tricky question & puzzles were asked in the interview.2 technical and one HR round.HR round was just for name sake.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Interview

I got a recruited through elitmus. So firstly there was a C objective test which was the only elimination round followed by Algorithm and Coding test. There were two questions for which we were to write algos and do the coding based on our algo.
    Next day we were called for intereview. There was a single interview and the results were announced next day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about dynamic memory allocation,link list and few concepts based question   Answer Question