Mindtree Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

I shortlisted through elitmus. The process consists of online algorithm round and online coding test, no elimination happen at this stage.On second day they called all the candidates for F2F interviews, only single round mostly technical questions + some HR questions.The interviewer was friendly and helpful in nature.He asked me to write code for some problems like fibnacci numbers,pascal triangle etc. then he asked me to optimise my code from the coding round, after it he asked some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a positive number, you need to print the largest digit of the number, e.g. 7321464 then ans will be 7.   Answer Question
  • Given a string of some length, say n, then you need to output "Present" if all the vowels present in string, output "Absent" if some vowels present but not all, and output "None" if no vowel present in the string.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

I got selected through AMCAT.There was only one round Tech+HR interview.First I was asked to tell about myself.The Technical questions covered were from C,Java ,OOPS concepts like inheritance,DBMS ,data structures.I was also asked to write code for linked list.HR questions were behavioral questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years? how would you help your teammate when he faces difficulty ? are you willing to work in other locations? etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

Based on the AMCAT test we had written in our college, we got shortlisted for the Programming test by Mindtree.
    Programming test was for one hour and it consisted of two questions which can be done in either Java, C or C++. Programs I got : GCD of an array and Print Floyd's triangle in normal and reverse order
    Technical interview was super cool. Not even a single technical question asked. It was pure HR interview like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult really. As I said, there weren't any technical questions thrown at me.   Answer Question

Had a better offer on hand.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mindtree (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two technical round and then HR round. Interviewer started with logical question and then OOPS question. I answered most of them. After that they called for another technical round. Second around also they asked technically and logical question, about project , about your interest. The overall interview was very good. Throughout the interview they are very supportive if you stuck somewhere they were giving hint.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple basic questions on Engineering projects & basics java,Spring,J2EE.Be ready with basic C & JAVA Question.Some tricky question & puzzles were asked in the interview.2 technical and one HR round.HR round was just for name sake.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Interview

I got a recruited through elitmus. So firstly there was a C objective test which was the only elimination round followed by Algorithm and Coding test. There were two questions for which we were to write algos and do the coding based on our algo.
    Next day we were called for intereview. There was a single interview and the results were announced next day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about dynamic memory allocation,link list and few concepts based question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college.It had 3 rounds starting with Amcat exam.Then on;ine programming round which is a non elimination round.Finally a Technical cum HR interview.They expect ppl with good tech and communication skills

Interview Questions

• I didnt expect their online programming round.It was very tough.2 programs in 45 min.But,fortunately it is a non elimination round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Interview

First filtering was based on Amcat score. I was selected for the next round which was Programming. There were many people and 2 questions in programming. I solved both the programming hardly around 10 people overall could solved both. But even the people who solved 1 or even executed 1 partially were allowed to the next round > Technical Round.

The craziest part was they dint consider the programs i did oly. the TR guy was a bald man he asked me non - sense question yet i justified most of it. Still i dint get through that round.

Interview Questions

• It all depends on the TR round HR you get. some TR HRs selected people with nil coding and most of all they selected 35 gals and 5-6 boys. was really Insane.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree in October 2014.

Interview

First round Aptitude round then a programming round, you have to do two programs then interview technical and hr. The program given during the programming round is asked during the interview highly technical interview sorting, searching, linked list asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mindtree (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

We were Shortlisted through Elitmus.At first there was Algorithm cum Coding Test (no elimination).on 1st day.Then there was Technical clubbed with HR Round on 2nd day.Process was conducted in SJBIT.There were around 10 panels in different rooms. Offer letter was given on same day. Joining was in 15-20 days.To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
    Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.
    Calculation of no of common factors of two numbers other than 1 and print the same.

Interview Questions

• To write Algorithm for two questions in 20 mins on a paper then code the same using any language on the computer in 60 mins.We were given two questions on:
      Calculation of no of times a substring occurs in main string.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tell two programming language in which you are confident.
    Tell two subjects in which you are confident.(must be DBMS or Data Structure or Operating system or Computer Network or C or C++ or Java for CS stream)
    Be confident with your English.
    Agree to all their conditions (relocation,shifts etc)
    Donot Lie about your abilities too much.