Ministry of Education

www.men.lu

Ministry of Education Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education.

How have you used, or how will you use, technology in the classroom?
    Have you had experience boosting a student's self-esteem? If so, how?
    Would you be interested in participating in after school activities?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions
    • What was it like working for your supervisor?
      What do you expect from a supervisor?
      What problems have you encountered at work?
      Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager?
      Who was your best boss and who was the worst?
      Describe your ideal boss.
      Why are you leaving your job?

Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Education in June 2012.

They had called me to handle my CV. A couple of days later, they called me again to inform me when the meeting should be. I got there on time and did the interview; it was a piece of cake and I was accepted.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dāliyat el Karmil (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dāliyat el Karmil (Israel)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ministry of Education in February 2012.

One interview, and you are on your own. It's up to you to succeed or fail. no one really cares for you. so you have to be upright and assertive.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ministry of Education in January 2012.

One interview - HR based

General Education Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Education in March 2010.

It may take them quite a long time to process your application but once you're informed on the interview date, the process is pretty much fast and straight-forward. I waited for quite a long while (long past my scheduled interview time) before I was called in to be interviewed. I was interviewed by three ladies and they were very nice and polite. The questions asked were quite simple, I guess you gotta show them that you're really passionate about teaching and imparting knowledge to the younger generation.

Interview Questions

I wasn't offered the subjects I want.

project technical specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ministry of Education in April 2009.

I responded to an advertisement in the newpaper for the position. I emailed my resume and about a week after the email was sent, was contacted to come in for an interview. There was a panel of four persons and the interview lasted for about twenty minutes. I was made to feel comfortable but was nervous because I know that I was shortlisted based on my qualifications and not my experience in the area. I am not sure that I answered the case senarios appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • The nature of projects is that financial resources may be reduced from expected amount. what would I do if the resources are reduced and my scope of work has not?   View Answer

School Librarian Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Education in February 2009.

There was one interview by the institution's principal. After the process a recommendation is made to the board chairman who then authorizes a request for appointment to be made to the Ministry. You then get a call to confirm employment. A strict code of professionalism is adhered to within the teaching profession.

You are interviewed for a position and you know the pay scaleyou fall in based on your qualifications.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Education in December 2008.

Responded online to advert in New Zealand Education Gazette; response received within a week, interview granted the following week. The offer was made on the phone the day after the interview, accepted within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult class and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    No. Salaries are determined by the applicable Ministry scale.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston (Jamaica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston (Jamaica)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ministry of Education in August 2008.

I sent in my resume and was called in for an interview. The interview panel consisted of the head of department, the vice principal and the principal

Interview Questions
    • Why did you select teaching as your career?   View Answer