Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

, Outdoor Classroom Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Half day panel interview with respective teachers from the various schools at the HQ. Before the interview there was a need to do a write-up for a 3-4 days itinerary on the destination you would like to visit with the school, providing information on the purpose of the trip, activities to do with the students there, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do should an accident take place during the trip?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

The application is through an online portal, it takes about 4 weeks to reply. There will only be one interview with four people interviewing, including two principals, the HR director and a psychologist. It takes another 3 weeks to reply on outcomes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

After submitting your application, you will need to wait for the letter to invite you for an interview session with a panel. If you pass the interview, you will be offered a position for contract teaching. Upon completion of contract teaching, you will be informed if you are shortlisted for the PGDE programme in NIE (assuming you are a graduate at the point of applying to MOE). You will then be bonded for 3 years if you choose to do the PGDE programme.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are relatively expected but you might be asked to demonstrate how you will conduct a lesson.   Answer Question

Human Resources Executive Interview

I applied online and got contacted about a month and a half later. I was called down for an interview and before the interview, I had to do a test. The test was regarding the HR role which was to answer HR inquiries based on MOE's policies. There were two situations below which they provided the relevant policy. We had to draft a response. That day, I had to wait about two hours because they were running late. However, they apologized and explained it was the first time they encountered this. The interview was with a panel of four, however two of them were simply note taking. The questions were mostly regarding my resume and what were my ideal career and public sector role. In the end, I think both the interviewers and I realized this role might be too mundane and unsatisfactory but it ended on a positive note.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in such a routine and boring role after all the problem-solving roles you have done? Why MOE?   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in October 2014.

I applied for the diploma in education programme. Was contacted within 3 weeks of applying and had an interview arranged. I had to prepare a five minute presentation beforehand catered to primary school children, and there was a writing test before the interview.

There were 4 interviewers in the panel, two ladies and two gentlemen. Interview went well, the panel was friendly but constantly took down notes at every answer I gave. They threw many controversial scenario questions at me. They also asked if I knew of any recent MOE policies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student of the opposite sex is feeling upset and wants to meet you outside of school?   Answer Question

Could not make it for proficiency test.

General Education Officer (Untrained) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in October 2014.

There were four interviewers -- one HR; I assume two principals/HODs; the NIE programme director. They asked me possible difficult classroom scenarios and how I would handle them.

The interview process took about 35 minutes -- 20 minutes for the essay; 5 minutes for the topic presentation; 10 minutes for the scenario questions. It seemed like they were in a hurry, as they didn't ask me if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you encourage students to do well in GP, since it's a subject that some students seem to fear?   Answer Question

General Education Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Walked into a small room with a panel of three middle aged ladies. The one in the middle seemed to be leading the interview as she was the one asking the questions. All the interviewers were warm and friendly, smiled when I entered the room and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. The interview was not as formal as I had expected it to be as they opened with questions like have you had your lunch. Asked very simple questions e.g. why do you want to teach. The first question involved me telling them about myself and my experiences at school as a student.The entire interview was pretty short, or not as long as I had expected it to be.

Human Resources Executive Interview

Got called up after about 2 months after application, went to a panel interview and were asked generic questions. Nothing too difficult and got notified to second round interview the following week. The 2nd round was a 1-1 session with the hiring manager from the relevant department. Not very sure if there is going to be another session but was informed that I will be notified of the outcome within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the pull factor that made you want to join us?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Easy. Expect a panel of 2-3 interviewers. Expect standard questions like, why do you want to teach? Why do you think you would make a good teacher? Some classroom scenarios may be given and you would be expected to give a solution on the spot and explain the rationale behind your approach.

Human Resources Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Normal interview, there weren't any specifically difficult questions. It was just one interview session, but thereafter they might have included an essay test. Hiring process was also normal, reasonably fast.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview, there weren't any specifically difficult questions   Answer Question