Ministry of Education Singapore

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in June 2013.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me and asked me to prepare a 5 min verbal presentation of any topic to a target audience of secondary school students. I was told I would be writing an essay and then followed by an interview by a panel.

On the day, I wrote the essay, and then met then panel. After the interview questioning, I made my presentation.

Interview Question – What was your previous teaching experience?   Answer Question

Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview Details – After the initial application, the applicant has to wait for about a 2 weeks to a month to see if they have secured an interview. Interviews are conducted by a panel. Specific questions regarding teaching will be asked so it will be good to know how you feel you might be able to contribute to the teaching service and why you want to teach in the first place. Keeping up to date with current affairs to do with education also helps. You suitability as well as potential to develop within the field will be ascertained during the interview so making a good impression is important.

Interview Question – They might give you a hypothetical situation and ask about how you will handle it; or they may also ask you to give your take on particular educational issues that have been discussed by the media.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries and benefits are not negotiable as these are based on qualifications and years of experience as well as prior work experience that place you on a specific salary scale.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in January 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted the application online and received sms for interview after 1-2 weeks. The whole interview was about half an hour, started with a detailed background check and then 2 officers asked me quite general questions, such as my educational history, personaly, past relevant working experience, why apply or MOE, etc. Salary differs according to grades, so there is nothing to negotiate about that.

Interview Question – To deal with primary school students is very touch nowadays, why you still choose to become a teacher?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was asked to accept a 1-yr contract to see if I am suitable for the job before sending to NIE for training.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview Details – The interviewers asked questions, such as "Why do you want to be a teacher?", "How would you deal with difficult children in class?", and "What type of subjects do you wish to teach?" Regardless of what you choose for the last question, MOE will have the last say on your assigned subjects. After the interview, they sent me a reply within a month.

Interview Question – For the question regarding difficult children, I recalled how one of my ex-teachers used to deal with this and adapted her method accordingly.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in March 2009.

Interview Details – Had to write an essay for the job. Applied it during my undergraduate days. Interview was okay as they didn't ask much about teaching philosophy. Probably wanted to check out our character and behaviour

Interview Question – Didn't ask hard questions. Mainly just to get to know you better   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore

Interview Details – Applied via MOE website. Filled out application form including educational qualifications, co-curricular activities and work history (if any). Upon sending email with attached application form to company, the ministry usually take no more than 3 weeks to send a hard copy letter stating the time and venue of interview and a phone call to verify you have received the notification.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The working hours can be long as teachers are expected to handle administrative and other co-curricular commitments in addition to their teaching load.

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in August 2009.

Interview Details – passion for teaching

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ministry of Education Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ministry of Education Singapore employees and interview candidates.