Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.8

Teacher Interview

Interview

The application is through an online portal, it takes about 4 weeks to reply. There will only be one interview with four people interviewing, including two principals, the HR director and a psychologist. It takes another 3 weeks to reply on outcomes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Applied Online. After closing date, within 1-2 Weeks , they call me up in morning for interview. Emailed me to bring the necessary documents. Panel Interview, around 4 Interviewer.
    Interview have : Short-Essay,Presentation(5 mins) then interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions:
      - Why do you want to be a teacher?
      - Challenges faced in a class
      - Are you aware of our teaching hours ?(E.g Need to bring back papers to mark after school hours etc)
      - What are you views on Tuition ?
      - Do you know about the current ____ Syllabus ? ( ____ is whichever Subject you are shortlisted for )
      - Why is there a need for ____ ? ( ____ is the subject you are shortlisted for )
      - How to deal with rowdy students?
      - If you are going to teach _____, how would you plan the lesson/how will you teach ?
      - Why is ___ important? (___ is subject.)
      - What to do if the students are not interested in subject?
      - Can teachers be friends with their students?

Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

After submitting your application, you will need to wait for the letter to invite you for an interview session with a panel. If you pass the interview, you will be offered a position for contract teaching. Upon completion of contract teaching, you will be informed if you are shortlisted for the PGDE programme in NIE (assuming you are a graduate at the point of applying to MOE). You will then be bonded for 3 years if you choose to do the PGDE programme.

Interview Questions

• The questions are relatively expected but you might be asked to demonstrate how you will conduct a lesson.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Easy. Expect a panel of 2-3 interviewers. Expect standard questions like, why do you want to teach? Why do you think you would make a good teacher? Some classroom scenarios may be given and you would be expected to give a solution on the spot and explain the rationale behind your approach.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Interview process by differing people on the panel who are likely school principals. Three people will be raising questions to see whether you are suitable or passionate in the job.
    After Interview if successful, then take oath and sign bond. Need to bring 2 guarantors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fresh grad.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 parts to the interview:
    1) Essay- This was a general topic on a situation you may face as a teacher
    2) Demonstration- Prepare a speech, targeting the age group you want to teach. This was the hardest part as the interviewers make the situation difficult and push you to see how much you can tolerate
    3) Interview- This is where the interviewers asked general questions

Interview Questions

• Why teaching? You got a B3 for the subject, are you confident of teacheing?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

A few interviewers in the room. They only ask me a few questions, one of which was why do you want to be a teacher. Quite professional ,interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

After the initial application, the applicant has to wait for about a 2 weeks to a month to see if they have secured an interview. Interviews are conducted by a panel. Specific questions regarding teaching will be asked so it will be good to know how you feel you might be able to contribute to the teaching service and why you want to teach in the first place. Keeping up to date with current affairs to do with education also helps. You suitability as well as potential to develop within the field will be ascertained during the interview so making a good impression is important.

Interview Questions

• They might give you a hypothetical situation and ask about how you will handle it; or they may also ask you to give your take on particular educational issues that have been discussed by the media.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries and benefits are not negotiable as these are based on qualifications and years of experience as well as prior work experience that place you on a specific salary scale.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

The HR contacted me and asked me to prepare a 5 min verbal presentation of any topic to a target audience of secondary school students. I was told I would be writing an essay and then followed by an interview by a panel.

On the day, I wrote the essay, and then met then panel. After the interview questioning, I made my presentation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

The interviewers asked questions, such as "Why do you want to be a teacher?", "How would you deal with difficult children in class?", and "What type of subjects do you wish to teach?" Regardless of what you choose for the last question, MOE will have the last say on your assigned subjects. After the interview, they sent me a reply within a month.

Interview Questions

• For the question regarding difficult children, I recalled how one of my ex-teachers used to deal with this and adapted her method accordingly.   Answer Question