Ministry of Health and Long Term Care

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in August 2013.

I was given 1 hour in a quiet room to prepare a presentation, using their laptop w/internet access and the usual MS Office software. The presentation asked me to analyze an issue facing the ministry and suggest strategies towards solving the issue.

Following that preparation session, I had a 45 min. interview with the 2 managers of the branch and 10-min presentation thereafter. The interview consisted of 5 set questions which was provided to me on paper so I could refer to throughout the interview. Questions asked about my knowledge of the internal/external structure of the ministry; current issues trending in the industry; my qualifications/experience as relevant to the requirements outlined in the job posting.

The entire process was very relaxed; The interviewers were very friendly. However, towards the last 5-10 mins. of the panel interview, one of the interviewers pretty much withdrew himself from the conversation, slumping in his chair and looking at his watch all the time. I thought that was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation section was most difficult, asking me to come up with solutions for problems faced with the Ministry. It required I make some very big assumptions about operations. Internal candidates would have a big leg-up in this area.   Answer Question

Financial Control Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.

I'm waiting for the offer now, the interview was very short and casual. There are total three questions, first one is about your skills, how do you think yourself fit for this job. The second one is about what is your expectations of this job. the final one is about how to deal with stress and fast pace environment.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.

Very simple, quick and straight forward. Mostly personality based questions with some technical background questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any question that reached to category of most difficult.   Answer Question

Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in April 2011.

The interviewer sounded very dis-organized and was reading a generic list of questions. The position was pretty interesting since, so I stuck with it. Be prepared to discuss any projects or other interests you list on the resume. There are several basic questions like weakness/strengths.

Interview was very easy without technical questions.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in July 2010.

interview consisted of behavioral questions (1h) and skills testing (30min) requiring powerpoint and ms word

Interview Questions
    • describe your work experience and why you would be a good fit   Answer Question
    • this is a high demanding and often times difficult role, explain how you've handled high pressure environments in the past   Answer Question