Ministry of Justice UK

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Adviser Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in March 2014.

Interview Details – On line application with competency based questions. A lot of vetting paperwork to complete before interview. Panel of 3 people. No exercises or psychometric testing.

Interview Question – No questions other than an exploration of competency answers on the application and "Have you any questions?"   Answer Question

Policy Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview Details – Had to give a presentation five minutes maximum, then competencies based interview. Three people in the panel and it lasted about 40 minutes. No trick questions, just how have you demonstrated evidence based policy making, planning, motivating staff, delivering a final product etc. There was an interest in demonstrating project management skills.

Interview Question – Give me an example of where you have used evidence to influence a decision   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Registry Officer - Collections Interview

Invercargill (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in August 2009.

Interview Details – When I first applied for the position online via seek, I was required to fill in a very detailed self assessment form. I had to give a detailed description of a time in my previous employement where I demostrated Responsibility, Teamwork, Perserverance, Accountability and Negotiation. I also wrote a cover letter and sent in my CV. After this process I waited for atleast a month, after which I was phoned and asked to come in for an interview. The interview process lasted about an hour and a half. I was asked many of the above questions again. I was also reguired to sit a personality test and an Iq test. I was later offered a different position than the one I originaly applied for, however it was a fixed term contract which was not appropriate for me at the time.

Interview Questions

• Give us a specific example of a time during your previous employment where you have shown accountability and responsibility what was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question
  • Give us a specific example of a time during your previous employment where you have had to take responsibility for a mistake you made. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because it was a fixed term contract which did not suit me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ministry of Justice UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ministry of Justice UK interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ministry of Justice UK employees and interview candidates.