Minneapolis Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

In every position attempted in the last 7 years, the candidate was chosen prior to job being posted. Interview was a waste of time. Some of the interviewers seemed disinterested and wrote very little of the answer given.

Interview Questions

• How important is it for director to understand finance   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools.

Interview

I applied as a current employee, heard about position from someone in IT/Media Department. The application was closed before the closing time, so had to email my contact and HR to get it reopened. So the process had already not started out well. Was informed through automated system that my application had passed review. Was called during the day (was working in the district, so unable to answer phone), and HR left a voicemail asking if I could come in for an interview in 2 days during the mid morning hours. If they had looked at any part of my application they would have seen I was currently teaching. So I called back and left a message asking if there was any flexibility on interview times, as it was the beginning of the school year and as a teacher, taking time off is stressful enough. They called back the next morning, stating that there was no flexibility for the interview time, that was the only time and that they were not going to progress further with my application because they needed someone who could start immediately and I would have to give my school proper notice.

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't know- they refused to be flexible in interviewing.   Answer Question

Assessment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

No initial communications or phone interviews. I was called to go to the onsite interview the next day, which turned out to be the final round of interview with a panel of six interviewers. I was given a sheet of questions (about 15-20 of them) and 15 minutes to prepare. The actual interview lasted about 45 minutes. They made the decision really quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MPS? What do you think the biggest challenges we are facing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a typical day of your ideal work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that was most rewarding to you. What was your role? Why was it very rewarding for you?   Answer Question
    • Describe the methodologies and methods you have used in research/evaluation. And give us some examples on how you used those methods.   Answer Question
    • How do you explain statistics or measurement concepts to people with little technical background? Can you give an example?   Answer Question

Special Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Minneapolis Schools (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with a team of the Interview and Select Committee- pretty standard for most positions. Usually the Principal and a couple of staff. We met for a half hour. If you came 15 minutes early, you have time to look at the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your education and experience. 2.Scenarios with students, behavior, academic and support role. 3. Scenarios with co-workers, conflict, teaming, roles.   Answer Question

Elementary Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools in May 2010.

Interview

There is an online application that is easy to use. Interviews are formal and you can expect at least 2 interviews prior to being offered a position. There is normally a panel of teachers and administrators. The questions won't be difficult if you are prepared and have experience. Dress and speak professionally.

Interview Questions

• How do you show professionalism?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Per contract.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools in September 2008.

Interview

I came in, and there were three people on the interview team, all from HR. They asked questions about different HR programs, and I answered them. I also had to pass a MS Office skills test.

Mentor/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Minneapolis Schools in July 2008.

Interview

You interview with the two facilitators at a public venue- in my case a coffee shop. They really want to get to know you. Whether it is your education background, your life experience, and future goals, etc. They were personable, and easy-going. I knew I wanted to work for them based on the interview. They help you figure out your placement should you get the job to see if there is a fit. In my case I was using public transportation so I had limitations to certain job sites.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was negotiation phase. You are offered a living stipend. You also qualify for an education award and student loan deferment.