Minneapolis Schools

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Elementary Education Interview

Elementary Education

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Minneapolis Schools in May 2010.

Interview Details – There is an online application that is easy to use. Interviews are formal and you can expect at least 2 interviews prior to being offered a position. There is normally a panel of teachers and administrators. The questions won't be difficult if you are prepared and have experience. Dress and speak professionally.

Interview Question – How do you show professionalism?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Per contract.

Assessment Specialist Interview

Assessment Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Minneapolis Schools in September 2013.

Interview Details – No initial communications or phone interviews. I was called to go to the onsite interview the next day, which turned out to be the final round of interview with a panel of six interviewers. I was given a sheet of questions (about 15-20 of them) and 15 minutes to prepare. The actual interview lasted about 45 minutes. They made the decision really quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MPS? What do you think the biggest challenges we are facing?   Answer Question
  • Describe a typical day of your ideal work.   Answer Question
  • Describe a project that was most rewarding to you. What was your role? Why was it very rewarding for you?   Answer Question
  • Describe the methodologies and methods you have used in research/evaluation. And give us some examples on how you used those methods.   Answer Question
  • How do you explain statistics or measurement concepts to people with little technical background? Can you give an example?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Minneapolis Schools in September 2008.

Interview Details – I came in, and there were three people on the interview team, all from HR. They asked questions about different HR programs, and I answered them. I also had to pass a MS Office skills test.

Interview Question – What is a Section 125 program   Answer Question

Mentor/Tutor Interview

Mentor/Tutor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Minneapolis Schools in July 2008.

Interview Details – You interview with the two facilitators at a public venue- in my case a coffee shop. They really want to get to know you. Whether it is your education background, your life experience, and future goals, etc. They were personable, and easy-going. I knew I wanted to work for them based on the interview. They help you figure out your placement should you get the job to see if there is a fit. In my case I was using public transportation so I had limitations to certain job sites.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for your local community?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was negotiation phase. You are offered a living stipend. You also qualify for an education award and student loan deferment.

Worked for Minneapolis Schools? Contribute to the Community!