Minnesota State Universities System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.4

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System (Mankato, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit application to NeoGov. Include cover letter describing qualifications and attach a resume with contact information for references. Complete phone interview and hope for a 1-2 day campus interview with many individuals and groups.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

ITS Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System.

Interview

Simple

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System.

Interview

Easy and smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pay is fixed

Receptionist/Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System (Mankato, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked background questions such as where I was from, what my major was, and previous work experience. Had me elaborate on how I would benefit their workplace and why I would want to work for them. Very formal interview and was basic.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous jobs have helped you be a successful employ here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be proper and punctual. Maintain eye contact and be yourself. The most difficult question asked was what were my strengths and weaknesses.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

One interview with the members of the office I would be working.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very casual and typical of any interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really wasn't negotiable

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Interview

Horrible. Completely inept and almost lost me at this stage due to bungling. Process is so long and antiquated that we can't hire decent candidates.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was terrible unexpected. In fact the interview itself, other than being long, was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union job, public record for salaries, so negotiations were pretty easy. Just pull down the MAPE pay scale and pick where you want to land in it.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System (Winona, MN).

Interview

Chatted with a faculty member I knew, which got me an interview with a dean. They said they'd talk about it, so I figured they would then get back to me. I did have the job, but they didn't tell me that, so I didn't know to prep. Noone actually ever told me whether or not I was hired.

Negotiation

There was none. Once I found out I was in fact hired, it was another 2 months before they figured out how much to pay me. It's based on experience and education, which has to be verified, but there seems to be little agreement about the process.

Information Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perham, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System (Perham, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

The questions were provided by H.R. and the interviewers were not allowed to ask any questions not on the provided sheet. It was a team/group interview. Most of the question were standard questions, such as why do you want to work for us, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do I think I can bring to the position that would set you apart from other applicants (re-phrased)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase -- this is a state job and the salaries are set within a salary range. However, the entire process was much longer than I had ever experienced.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Minnesota State Universities System in February 2011.

Interview

6 hour interview. 2 hours with interview team, 2 hours with anyone from department watching you teach a 2 hour lesson, 1 hour interview with department head, 1 hour interview with Dean of College.

Interview Questions

• How will you make research a priority here at our University.   Answer Question