Minnesota State Universities System

Interviews for Top Jobs at Minnesota State Universities System

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Horrible. Completely inept and almost lost me at this stage due to bungling. Process is so long and antiquated that we can't hire decent candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was terrible unexpected. In fact the interview itself, other than being long, was pretty easy.   Answer Question
    Union job, public record for salaries, so negotiations were pretty easy. Just pull down the MAPE pay scale and pick where you want to land in it.

Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Minnesota State Universities System in October 2010.

I was referred by my previous analytical writing teacher who was also a tutor center coordinator. I filled out an application and was given an interview within the week. The interview was brief, some basic questions (not too many "common interview questions") about my experience and why I wanted to work there. I think the main reason for the briefness of my interview was the highly positive recommendation by my teacher.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that would help you perform your job?   Answer Question