Minted Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and got a call from recruiter for an initial 45-minute google hangout interview in which I was required to share my code. The interview was good and the interviewer made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Two coding questions were asked:
      1. Given an array, write a function to return true if the sum of any two numbers in the array is zero.
      2. Implement Bubble Sort

Test cases and complexity were asked for the first coding question.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Minted.

Got referred by an employee. Had a phone screen and technical interview, then an on-site with 5 of their software engineers. They asked about two questions each, ranging from the usual coding questions to brain teasers to language trivia. All in all very pleasant. Their space is very nice.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Minted in June 2014.

there was 3 rounds total. They basically just want to get to know you, each round was with different people and they all kind of asked the same questions. They said they'll call back on Monday and they are going to hire 100-200 people by september.

Interview Questions
    • very simple, just basically going over yourself and your resume   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Minted.

After a brief & pleasant standard screening call, I was brought in for 3 45-minute 1:1 interviews with representatives from design, product management and engineering. The final round of interviews included a 15-minute presentation of a design challenge to a panel of executives and others. As I progressed, too many red flags surfaced (messy & chaotic environment, over-reaching CEO, odd personalities, and a mandatory 'design challenge' that could be mistaken for unpaid consulting) so I dropped out before moving to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Critique minted.com's card product page & fab.com's homepage. Offer potential solutions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Phone interview

Seasonal Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Minted in October 2013.

When I was interviewed, I had to take a test with questions about my knowledge of design and the Adobe software, and I had to write about how I would deal with certain work situations (like if I had a problem with a coworker for example.) Another part of the interview process was reviewing their cards and point out what the mistakes were and what I would fix.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was having to write about my past job experiences and how I dealt with difficult customers and problems with colleagues. And it was difficult because I couldn't think of any, I usually get along with most people   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Onsite hiring manager interview

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Minted in May 2013.

I was reached out by their in house recruiter, told that there were two slightly different roles that I may try out for. I had a phone interview soon after, then I've never heard back again. There was not even a rejection email. I understand that they chose not to proceed forward with me, but complete silence was unexpected, unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions
    • Write a JavaScript function to check if a word is a Palindrome.   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Minted.

My main beef during Minted's interview process was around communication with their recruiter Yuichi. To inform me that Minted chose another candidate, he emailed me 2 sentences essentially saying they chose someone else and good luck. I have no issue with that email.

What would keep me from working at Minted in the future, or working with this particular recruiter, is that I wrote him back asking for super brief feedback from someone at Minted. Am I wrong to ask for this after spending over 5 hours and an afternoon off from work to let them interview me as a potential solution to their needs? I was very curious for feedback as one interviewer told me in the interview he/she'd give me the job right then if it were up to him/her. After a week I sent another email requesting basic feedback. No response. Oh well.

The actual interviews at Minted were run well enough. Interviewers asked intelligent questions, allowing me to demonstrate my strengths and weaknesses through example. Interview questions heavily targeted the position in question. Fit questions only filled the first 5 minute small talk. Also, they did a nice job of filling in holes in the position description.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Minted.

Nice HR staff, but don't expect long friendships. Seemed like it was a high turnover job when I came in for the interview, and I was looking at 30+ trainee hires prior to my hire. Great job for getting quick at design, production auditing, etc. Design associates need to understand typography at its most basic (don't worry if you don't know what "humanist fonts" are). You are mostly making high end luxury goods for people that can afford fancy envelopes.

Interview Questions
    • . No real curve balls in the interview. Bring a nice portfolio and you will probably get hired during season.   Answer Question
    None, set rate, take it or leave it.

Worked for Minted? Contribute to the Community!