Minto Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Minto Group

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Minto Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Redundant interviews that wasted my time. I first had a phone interview with someone from the HR dept. The interview went well, and the woman told me that they were very interested in me for the position. She asked me to come in for a sit down interview. I attended the sit down interview and after a few new questions the woman informed me that she had asked me most everything that they needed to know during the phone interview. We made some small talk and I was introduced to the person I would be replacing. My potential predecessor and I had a conversation in which I learned that I have 5 years more industry experience than she had and I had also worked in several other aspects of the construction business that she had not, which would again point to me as more qualified. A few days later I received a call from another HR person asking me to attend another interview with the executive I would report to, should I get hired. The interview again rehashed many of the same questions I was asked on the phone interview. And to be quite honest I found the tone to be condescending at times, with questions like 'are you comfortable writing emails'. For the record I worked as a professional writer for more that 3 years when I first graduated from post secondary and this fact is outlined on my resume, which this individual was holding while he asked these questions. A day or so after the third interview, I wrote a thank you note to the HR contact that I was dealing with the most. It took almost 3 weeks to hear back from her, and the news was they had given the position to someone else.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minto Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone about a month after applying for the position. The HR lady asked me about my current job, also discuss wages at that time. I made it clear that I needed x amount to even consider working for them and she then gave me the range that they had in mind. I said that sounded fine and she had me interview 2 days later. The interview was really good, I was really comfortable and they ate up what I was saying as I knew what they where looking for. After the interview the guy who would have been my boss the only blue collar guy there walked me out and said it was basically my job so that was cool. About 4 days later I got the call that I was being offered a job and again we discussed wages, and vacation. The offer came and it was at the lowest end of the pay scale with only 2 weeks. I ended up rejecting it as I was offered much more money and more vacation else wehere.

Customer Care Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minto Group in January 2010.

Interview

Was a slow proceess from application to interview..It took over a month to get a phone call. Interview was very positive and they offered me the salary I was looking for. I was very happy after the interview finally took place. Sounds like a great company to work for.