Mintz Levin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Associate Attorney Interview

Interview

Relatively informal. I met with an associate and partner the first day, and then the main partner during the call back. Most of the discussion, I would say, had to do with "fit" and how well I work in a relatively small practice group that blended corporate and litigation work.

Interview Questions

• General information questions about background, enjoyment of practice of law, and why I wanted to leave my current firm. We discussed a lot of personal interests like golf and cooking. They were definitely interested in that small category of "other" that you list on the bottom of your resume. Was also asked about my law school note and, thankfully, I had reviewed that before the interview so I remembered what it was about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted over the phone by two project analysts. 4 week+ wait time in hearing back. Questions largely related to resume and work experience. A few behavioral questions. Interviewers were kind over the phone but did not respond to follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation in which you led a team and it didn't go well?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mintz Levin.

Interview

Phone Interview -- 2 2nd year Project analysts on phone at same time. Very Friendly -- Started by asking about particular experiences and projects I had worked on. Then, asked behavioral questions, such as

Interview Questions

• Name the three people, dead or alive, you would want to have dinner with and why.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were working on a team, in which one member wasn't pulling their own weight. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were given an assignment but very little direction. How did you complete the assignment?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the IP department at this firm. I was interviewed by basically the whole department. Two associates, (one of whom I'd be working with), Law clerk (also worked with), associate, and partner. The interview went very well being that I came into the company with 10+ years experience in IP and they seemed to feel very confident adding me to their firm. Everything they asked (technical and otherwise) was already something I was proficient in or had no problem tackling.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were directly related to my field so I was able to answer with ease. Didn't really have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Legal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I met wtih two members of the firm, each individually. They were both very nice and professional. They asked me numerous questions about my experience, how I would handle specific scituations, and why I was leaving my current employer. All totally professional and above board. Nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave existing employer. Since I did not want to say anything negative about current employer, it was a tough quesiton to answer.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (New York, NY).

Interview

They generally use staffing agencies, although they have an in-house referral bonus program. First interview is with the Secretarial Manager who may or may not have you meet with attorneys during first interview. Second interview is with specific attorneys. Feedback was given through staffing agency and offer was made via phone and formal offering letter.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about an opinion on the current presidential election.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accepted salary offered.

Project Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds, multiple interviews

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mintz Levin in October 2013.

Interview

Very standard. Phone and in-person interviews are merely to get a sense of personality and fit. The team is tasked with narrowing over 400 applicants to 6-10. It's a tough job and, understandably, it can get subjective toward the final rounds. This is to be expected in any competitive application process.

Interview Questions

• "Curveball": Name three people (living or dead) you would want to have dinner with and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university. I had an on campus interview with two current Project Analysts. They were very friendly and calmed my nerves, making it very easy to talk about my qualifications and previous work experiences. I was notified in less than a week that I had been accepted for a second round interview in their offices. I had three interviews on site. The first two were with Associate Attorneys. They were conversational and the first Associate seemed truly interested in my past experiences. Unfortunately, the second associate had been out of the office for several months and did not know much about the job description. It felt like they had asked her very last minute. She did not have my resumé and when I gave her an extra copy she seemed disinterested. The final interview was with two more current Project Analysts. They were less engaging than then the two I had met with on campus. The guy drilled me with 10-15 behavioral questions, none of which were difficult but they were very similar in nature so it became difficult to draw on prior experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mintz Levin (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed at Mass. diversity fair. Received a call back interview invitation the next day via email. Scheduled interview with the recruiter. Day of, I met with four attorneys, ranging from partners and the director of the summer program to lowly associates. Everyone I met with was friendly and the questions were all typical.

Interview Questions

• Questions about biggest challenges are always the most difficult. But nothing unexpected was asked.   Answer Question