Mintz Levin

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mintz Levin in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university. I had an on campus interview with two current Project Analysts. They were very friendly and calmed my nerves, making it very easy to talk about my qualifications and previous work experiences. I was notified in less than a week that I had been accepted for a second round interview in their offices. I had three interviews on site. The first two were with Associate Attorneys. They were conversational and the first Associate seemed truly interested in my past experiences. Unfortunately, the second associate had been out of the office for several months and did not know much about the job description. It felt like they had asked her very last minute. She did not have my resumé and when I gave her an extra copy she seemed disinterested. The final interview was with two more current Project Analysts. They were less engaging than then the two I had met with on campus. The guy drilled me with 10-15 behavioral questions, none of which were difficult but they were very similar in nature so it became difficult to draw on prior experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mintz Levin in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at Mass. diversity fair. Received a call back interview invitation the next day via email. Scheduled interview with the recruiter. Day of, I met with four attorneys, ranging from partners and the director of the summer program to lowly associates. Everyone I met with was friendly and the questions were all typical.

Interview Question – Questions about biggest challenges are always the most difficult. But nothing unexpected was asked.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mintz Levin.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the IP department at this firm. I was interviewed by basically the whole department. Two associates, (one of whom I'd be working with), Law clerk (also worked with), associate, and partner. The interview went very well being that I came into the company with 10+ years experience in IP and they seemed to feel very confident adding me to their firm. Everything they asked (technical and otherwise) was already something I was proficient in or had no problem tackling.

Interview Question – The questions I was asked were directly related to my field so I was able to answer with ease. Didn't really have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Legal Specialist Interview

Legal Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mintz Levin in January 2014.

Interview Details – I met wtih two members of the firm, each individually. They were both very nice and professional. They asked me numerous questions about my experience, how I would handle specific scituations, and why I was leaving my current employer. All totally professional and above board. Nice interview.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to leave existing employer. Since I did not want to say anything negative about current employer, it was a tough quesiton to answer.   View Answer

Assistant Interview

Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mintz Levin.

Interview Details – They generally use staffing agencies, although they have an in-house referral bonus program. First interview is with the Secretarial Manager who may or may not have you meet with attorneys during first interview. Second interview is with specific attorneys. Feedback was given through staffing agency and offer was made via phone and formal offering letter.

Interview Question – Was asked about an opinion on the current presidential election.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Accepted salary offered.

Interviewed at Mintz Levin

Interview Details – 3 rounds, multiple interviews

Lateral Attorney Interview

Lateral Attorney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mintz Levin in August 2010.

Interview Details – One round of on-site. Met with most of the IP attorneys. Interviewers were very professional, some very friendly.

Interview Question – Do you sign or do you have aurity to sign documents?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard law firm offer. Not much room for negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mintz Levin.

Interview Details – They did nothing to make the interview process easier or smoother on me. They left the date of the interview open until the last possible second, and then did not make any travel arrangements on my behalf, nor did they reimburse for ordinary travel and/or meal expenses.
   One of the partners was a nice guy, the other seemed like he would be pretty unpleasant to work with. My instincts were confirmed by the associate I spoke with.
   After the interview I asked my recruiter to withdraw my candidacy because I was so thoroughly unimpressed with them, but he asked me to keep my hat in the ring. I acquiesced (though I'm not sure why- there was no way I would have accepted an offer from them) and it took them MONTHS to let us know that they were making an offer to someone else.
   The upside is that I interviewed with a similarly situated firm the following month and could not have had a more pleasant experience. I was flown out at my convenience and put up in very nice accommodations, taken to a lovely dinner the evening before the interview, and generally treated like a fellow professional whose time is valuable. I was promptly reimbursed for expenses and they communicated with my recruiter in a prompt and very respectful fashion. Precisely the opposite of my experience with Mintz Levin.
   In review, Mintz could stand to take a lesson from their rival firms. They're doing it wrong.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out as difficult   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mintz Levin in November 2011.

Interview Details – Mintz Levin was one of the few law firms doing on-campus recruiting at my university. From the beginning, their recruiting process stood out among others as being one that was professional yet personal. They offered several information sessions both on and off site. After applications, they had a two-round interview with the project analysts. Sincerity, demonstrated interest in the legal field, and a commitment to your community seemed to be big attributes.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mintz Levin in October 2011.

Interview Details – they asked about the experience on my resume, and asked behavioral questions such as : how do you work in a team? How do you deal with a person in a team who isn't holding their own? In what ways are you a leader?
They also asked me "why Mintz Levin?"
The interview was conducted by two Project analysts.....they were friendly enough.
It was only 25 minutes, there was time for questions at the end....
they did NOT ask me to tell them about myself at the beginning, they just started asking me specific questions about my experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a team you were working in a team and somebody wasn't holding their own. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question
  • How did you get your position as a _______________?   Answer Question

Worked for Mintz Levin? Contribute to the Community!