Minute Clinic

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Family Nurse Practitioner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Minute Clinic in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview and person interview

Reason for Declining – hours

Very Easy Interview

FNP Interview

FNP
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Minute Clinic in October 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone, interviewed on next day by a working NP manager and an NP who was her manager, and hired. Easy interview

Interview Question – How did you hear about MinuteClinic?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Minute Clinic

Interview Details – Great, listened to my concerns. The process allowed me to shadow a practitioner and was up-front about expections and the work I would have to do, this included all the cleaning and billing. From start to finish I had no real issues as the interviewers worked with me to meet in person or via the phone.

Interview Question – None, great experience.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Minute Clinic.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview at a central office (not a medical professional) and about 10 minutes with the district manager.

Interview Question – They didn't ask questions. I had a pulse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Minute Clinic in May 2012.

Interview Details – There is an initial screening interview by a recruiter, after which you are passed to a hiring manager. If you pass that interview, you then begin the "onboarding" process. This involves submitting the usual paperwork, taking a urine drug screen, and having a PPD. Once all that is done, there is a 3 day on-line training to learn the computer documentation.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Minute Clinic in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the district manager at a MinuteClinic. She talked about MinuteClinic, the company, and the job. We talked about my work history. We reviewed benefits and job opportunities. At the time (early summer 2011), they were desperate for providers who were interested in working full-time.

Interview Question – Overall, this was a standard interview without any surprises. I was asked how I would handle a difficult patient. A common situation is a person with a cold who insists they have a sinus infection and demand an antibiotic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't anything to negotiate. Standard pay based on years of experience; standard benefits.

Very Easy Interview

MLP Interview

MLP
Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Minute Clinic in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a job with MC, but the first time I was interviewed I had some major concerns with how it was being run. I was offered the job, on the spot, but I asked for a couple days to think about it, and ultimately declined it. However, about 8 months later, I was approached again for a job with MC by a different recruiter, and finally accepted a modified position. (Which I later regretted).

Interview Questions

• What was something you did recently at work that improved your employers bottom line?   View Answer
  • What recent decision have you made at work that you now regret?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was the wary that the recruiter was a back stabber and her 'associate' came off as worried that I would take her job and very neurotic about this. Later when I finally accepted a second offer I was sadly right on both counts. Always, trust your first gut instinct. Also, I was very concerned about being alone in a box for, at that time, 12 + hours per day, with no real end in site of a true closing time.

Healthcare Interview

Healthcare

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Minute Clinic in April 2011.

Interview Details – I am a professional and really expected to be treated as a professional. I was quite disappointed with the interview process with this well respected company's representatives and the outcome of my interview. I received a phone call 2-3 weeks after my online app was placed, an email 2-3 weeks after the phone call asking for an appt for an interview. I met with a regional manager for a 1:1. I thought the interview went very well, manager was congenial, articulate and seemed interested, I was courteous, dressed neatly and approachable, credentials in place, and expressed my desire to be part of the company. My mistake was not asking at the end of the interview "What is the next step ?, Is there an offer on the table?? My "Thank you for the interview" emails were never acknowledged, the "pkt" I was told would be mailed to me was never received. I felt so disrespected and disregarded. If this is the way employees are treated, I wonder what turnover is? Why are they so very slow to respond to applicants? Most people cant or wont wait for a job to "just come around". My thoughts are "If a company desires excellence, they will demonstrate that same quality, especially when pursuing excellent employees" Be sure to get details, a commitment or some decision of your status from the interviewer before the interview is over......."Where do we go from here?"

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Minute Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Minute Clinic interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Minute Clinic employees and interview candidates.