Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mirantis
- Python Developer (1)
- Technical Writer (1)
- Principal Engineer (1)
- Inbound Online Demand Generation Specialist (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source – interviewed at Mirantis.
I had already been working under contract and was told by my handler that management wanted to talk with me about coming on full-time. Since I was working remotely, we arranged to have the interview over Skype. I first spoke with the director of Marketing and then someone from Development. It was easy going and uncomplicated.
- Interestingly enough, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Since I had been working under contract for a few weeks, the interview was something of a formality. They did talk about company structure and their expectations of me that were beyond the scope of my contract work, though. 1 Answer
There was no negotiation. They had a budget and it met my needs.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Mirantis in July 2013.
I had an initial 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter provided a brief overview of the role. She then asked me to describe skills in previous roles that were relevant to the position. I believe that our conversation went well, since I was scheduled for a second phone interview with the VP of Marketing. The second phone interview was 45 minutes in duration. The first 15 minutes were focused on the description of the role and the duties. For the following 20 minutes I was asked to describe my skills and background. There were a few questions asked during this time, pertaining to my experience. The last 10 minutes were utilized for further questions I had about the position.
- If it was 2018 and you have worked with a colleague since 2013, what would be the one skill that you would want them to say that they have seen you improve upon? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Mirantis (Moscow (Russia)).
Interview took place at Moscow office. I talked with HR, she told me about the job and bonuses, after that I was interview by 2 reviewers. They also told about the job and some information about the company, after that they started to ask questions. One question was about algorithms and structures, there was also a discussion question like: "imagine a network of computers with one server, there is a huge array and you must organize the following calculations..." The last question was really close to what they do. The interviewers and HR were really nice, I really liked their office. The thing is, that I needed a web-development job, but it turned out that they needed a system programmer - one, who knows a lot about memory, threads, etc.
- Network calculations question (see above) Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Mirantis (Saint Petersburg (Russia)).
I was referred by an internet friend who worked at Mirantis. We talked, he told me what the company is doing, and it seemed great. I had 2 interviews: 1 with an engineer and with my future manager, and 1 with the company's director of engineering. Both interviews had interesting algorithmic problems, took about an hour and generally went well. I was hired exactly for what I was expecting, and it was a fascinating project that's all I could ever dream of.
- Don't remember.. Answer Question
I said "here's my salary at my previous employer, I'd like to have at least as much" - they said "ok".
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review