Mirantis

Mirantis Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

Operations Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mirantis.

Had an initial phone screen with a senior engineer, following by interviews with 2 members of the team, a developer, future manager, and finally director. They also had me do a break/fix on a VM. Interviews were mostly technical, and fairly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How to redirect file descriptors in /proc to manipulate data without interrupting a process or bringing down a service. Also had difficult question about remapping inodes   Answer Question
    Offer was competitive and appropriate with career level, didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mirantis.

I had already been working under contract and was told by my handler that management wanted to talk with me about coming on full-time. Since I was working remotely, we arranged to have the interview over Skype. I first spoke with the director of Marketing and then someone from Development. It was easy going and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions
    • Interestingly enough, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Since I had been working under contract for a few weeks, the interview was something of a formality. They did talk about company structure and their expectations of me that were beyond the scope of my contract work, though.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They had a budget and it met my needs.

Inbound Online Demand Generation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mirantis in July 2013.

I had an initial 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter provided a brief overview of the role. She then asked me to describe skills in previous roles that were relevant to the position. I believe that our conversation went well, since I was scheduled for a second phone interview with the VP of Marketing.

The second phone interview was 45 minutes in duration. The first 15 minutes were focused on the description of the role and the duties. For the following 20 minutes I was asked to describe my skills and background. There were a few questions asked during this time, pertaining to my experience. The last 10 minutes were utilized for further questions I had about the position.

Interview Questions
    • If it was 2018 and you have worked with a colleague since 2013, what would be the one skill that you would want them to say that they have seen you improve upon?   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Mirantis.

Interview took place at Moscow office. I talked with HR, she told me about the job and bonuses, after that I was interview by 2 reviewers. They also told about the job and some information about the company, after that they started to ask questions.

One question was about algorithms and structures, there was also a discussion question like: "imagine a network of computers with one server, there is a huge array and you must organize the following calculations..." The last question was really close to what they do. The interviewers and HR were really nice, I really liked their office.

The thing is, that I needed a web-development job, but it turned out that they needed a system programmer - one, who knows a lot about memory, threads, etc.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mirantis.

I was referred by an internet friend who worked at Mirantis. We talked, he told me what the company is doing, and it seemed great.

I had 2 interviews: 1 with an engineer and with my future manager, and 1 with the company's director of engineering. Both interviews had interesting algorithmic problems, took about an hour and generally went well.

I was hired exactly for what I was expecting, and it was a fascinating project that's all I could ever dream of.

Interview Questions
    I said "here's my salary at my previous employer, I'd like to have at least as much" - they said "ok".