Mirantis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied through other source and interviewed at Mirantis.

Interview Details – I had already been working under contract and was told by my handler that management wanted to talk with me about coming on full-time. Since I was working remotely, we arranged to have the interview over Skype. I first spoke with the director of Marketing and then someone from Development. It was easy going and uncomplicated.

Interview Question – Interestingly enough, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Since I had been working under contract for a few weeks, the interview was something of a formality. They did talk about company structure and their expectations of me that were beyond the scope of my contract work, though.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They had a budget and it met my needs.

Inbound Online Demand Generation Specialist Interview

Inbound Online Demand Generation Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mirantis in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter provided a brief overview of the role. She then asked me to describe skills in previous roles that were relevant to the position. I believe that our conversation went well, since I was scheduled for a second phone interview with the VP of Marketing.

The second phone interview was 45 minutes in duration. The first 15 minutes were focused on the description of the role and the duties. For the following 20 minutes I was asked to describe my skills and background. There were a few questions asked during this time, pertaining to my experience. The last 10 minutes were utilized for further questions I had about the position.

Interview Question – If it was 2018 and you have worked with a colleague since 2013, what would be the one skill that you would want them to say that they have seen you improve upon?   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Python Developer
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and interviewed at Mirantis.

Interview Details – Interview took place at Moscow office. I talked with HR, she told me about the job and bonuses, after that I was interview by 2 reviewers. They also told about the job and some information about the company, after that they started to ask questions.

One question was about algorithms and structures, there was also a discussion question like: "imagine a network of computers with one server, there is a huge array and you must organize the following calculations..." The last question was really close to what they do. The interviewers and HR were really nice, I really liked their office.

The thing is, that I needed a web-development job, but it turned out that they needed a system programmer - one, who knows a lot about memory, threads, etc.

Interview Question – Network calculations question (see above)   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mirantis.

Interview Details – I was referred by an internet friend who worked at Mirantis. We talked, he told me what the company is doing, and it seemed great.

I had 2 interviews: 1 with an engineer and with my future manager, and 1 with the company's director of engineering. Both interviews had interesting algorithmic problems, took about an hour and generally went well.

I was hired exactly for what I was expecting, and it was a fascinating project that's all I could ever dream of.

Interview Question – Don't remember..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said "here's my salary at my previous employer, I'd like to have at least as much" - they said "ok".

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mirantis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mirantis interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mirantis employees and interview candidates.