Mission Foods

2.0

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mission Foods in December 2014.

Interview was uncomfortable and unexpected. Was told that I would be spending every weekend at work all the time along with either early call ins or late shifts depending on their needs and those would not me scheduled and would likely be spur of the moment. The manager that spoke not very good English asked if I spoke Spanish and when I told him I didn't speak Spanish, I failed to tell him I wasn't stupid and that I actually understand most of what I hear in Spanish and they weren't very discrete at all about their comments. Since I am actually Mexican I found it to be quite racist there and that made the interview even more uncomfortable. Walking in there was like leaving the US and entering a backward country within our own.

Interview Questions
    • Can you weld Stainless steel?/Do you know how to heliarc weld stainless?   Answer Question

Because of the way I was treated and the comments that were made when they thought I couldn't understand them. The fact that I dont think its realistic to work every weekend and have a family life as well. also there was a communication breakdown between the hiring agency and the mission foods. The hiring agency claimed that it was told only 40 hour weeks with some "occasional" weekends and when the interview happened that wasnt the case as was witnessed by a former co-worker that interviewed right after I did and also turned down the offer for the very same reasons that I did. I also do not like that walking in to a workplace should be like walking out of the united states and into a completely different country where just because you are the same nationality doesnt mean you are one of them.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mission Foods.

I sent my resume to HR and received a confirmation of interview 2 weeks later. I came to the interview and was asked general questions like what do you like the best about accounting? Why are you valuable to the company? I was in a room with a vice president and a marketing manager. After that a brief interview with HR manager. Having some hope, but afterwards I haven't received any response although the HR manager promised to let me know in so whatever.

Interview Questions
    • What is the longest day you have been working? Can you show how you can manage through that long day?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mission Foods.

Applied for position then had to go through an employment agency. Went through the employment agency for the interview process and test taking process. After completion of those step the company failed to reply even with multiple attempts by myself and employment agency to schedule a interview.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendergrass, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendergrass, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mission Foods in December 2012.

it was pretty ease over the phone the 1st interview then the 2nd one in person no hard question kinda stupid really cause out of 10 people there only 3 of them spoke english. but the woman who called me about the job said it would not be a problem but she did not know what she was talking cause if nobody can understand you how can you work with them and you sure can not be that persons BOSS RIGHT

Interview Questions
    • what kinda of work was you doing before applied for the job opening here   View Answer
    EASY CAUSE THERE WAS ONLY 2 OR 3 THAT COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS SAYING

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain Top, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain Top, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mission Foods in February 2010.

Easy interview, basic questions and plant walk thru

None

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mission Foods in July 2009.

Interviewed by the Area Sales Manager and then met with the Division Sales Manager. Asked some situational questions, if I had experience manager independent distributors, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about chaotic organizations. This should had been a warning, but I took the job anyways.   View Answer
    They basically said that all DSMs start at the same salary. HR was not present, but only the Area Sales Manager who I report to.