Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mississippi River CommissionMore
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at Mississippi River Commission in February 2010.
Left two messages, received one phone call
- How would co-workers describe you Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Mississippi River Commission (London, England (UK)) in August 2009.
When I arrived, I had a 1:1 meeting straightaway with the lab head for 1 1/2 hrs, talking about my previous experience and my skills. I then had lunch with all the lab colleagues so that I could get to know them and feel the lab dynamics. I then gave a half-hour presentation about my PhD work, and a ten-minute Q&A session. Then, I had another 1:1 meeting with the lab head discussing about my PhD work, and the potential postdoc project. I then have three half-hour meeting with three lab members where they informed about their current research project. During this time, I also had the chance of investigating what the working environment was like in the lab in general.
- Why is your long-term ambition. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Mississippi River Commission (Oxford, England (UK)) in April 2008.
The personnel were friendly and asked questions about my history and my interests, then asked specific questions relating to the post, and then asked when I can start the job. The interview process was rather more friendly than I thought, and then afterwards had a chance to view the labs with a friendly postdoc who also discussed how it would be to live in the area and something about the culture at work. Overall friendly people, and good culture of integrated work and personal development.
- What skills do you have that would fit the post? Answer Question