Mississippi State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2014
Updated Jun 19, 2014

2.5

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mississippi State University.

I was required to develop and present a 15-20 minutes presentation for the director of the office and a few of the other office members. It consisted of my background and how I planned to add value to the program. Afterwards, they asked questions for about 20-15 minutes.

No negotiations.

Student Worker Interview

I had to talk to my boss for about 10 minutes about when I am available to work and if I am reliable

Interview Questions
    I work around my class schedule

GTA Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Letter from graduate office asking

N/A

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mississippi State University in August 2011.

Phone interview and online submission

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

If your professor likes you and he has a place in his lab and your GRE scores are good. He will accept you

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied online - interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Submit resume and application to HR via website. Interview was conducted solely by department and involved a group interview of 12 staff members. Each staff member asked 1 or 2 questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Only typical interview questions were asked. There were none that were very difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Humphrey Coliseum Grad Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mississippi State University in August 2012.

Like most interviews, your employers want to know that you can in fact due the job in question. They were mainly concerned with my ability to handle stress and how I deal with problems. I had previously worked in student housing where I had several residents that were suicidal. I think I can handle a little stress from people whose ultimate goal is not to end their own lives. With that being said, these employers also look for someone with a decent work history. This is also true for most employers. They want you to have work experience and most of all experience with people. If you can meet these qualifications, you will probably have a good shot at getting one of these positions.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mississippi State University in September 2010.

Met with the department head. He asked me about 30 minutes worth of questions about web development. Overall, it was a pleasant interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2010.

It was fun and its more about what you did in your undergraduate studies, what kind of background you have and how you can contribute to the research in view.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult i did my research on the professor that is hiring me and knew his are of interest   Answer Question
    no its pretty much set based on grant

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2009.

I put my interview in with the Business Outreach center and was called in an interview within days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified for this position.   View Answer
    Be prepared to discuss you background

Worked for Mississippi State University? Contribute to the Community!