Mississippi State University

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview Details – I was required to develop and present a 15-20 minutes presentation for the director of the office and a few of the other office members. It consisted of my background and how I planned to add value to the program. Afterwards, they asked questions for about 20-15 minutes.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

Interviewed at Mississippi State University

Interview Details – I had to talk to my boss for about 10 minutes about when I am available to work and if I am reliable

Interview Question – nothing that was asked was to difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I work around my class schedule

GTA Interview

GTA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview Details – Letter from graduate office asking

Negotiation Details – N/A

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Postdoctoral Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mississippi State University in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and online submission

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very typical   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Mississippi State University

Interview Details – If your professor likes you and he has a place in his lab and your GRE scores are good. He will accept you

Interview Question – questions ar asked based on your experince   Answer Question

Senior Coordinator Interview

Senior Coordinator
Starkville, MS

I applied online and interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview Details – Submit resume and application to HR via website. Interview was conducted solely by department and involved a group interview of 12 staff members. Each staff member asked 1 or 2 questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Only typical interview questions were asked. There were none that were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Humphrey Coliseum Grad Assistant Interview

Humphrey Coliseum Grad Assistant
Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mississippi State University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Like most interviews, your employers want to know that you can in fact due the job in question. They were mainly concerned with my ability to handle stress and how I deal with problems. I had previously worked in student housing where I had several residents that were suicidal. I think I can handle a little stress from people whose ultimate goal is not to end their own lives. With that being said, these employers also look for someone with a decent work history. This is also true for most employers. They want you to have work experience and most of all experience with people. If you can meet these qualifications, you will probably have a good shot at getting one of these positions.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mississippi State University in September 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the department head. He asked me about 30 minutes worth of questions about web development. Overall, it was a pleasant interview.

Interview Question – All very standard questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Starkville, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was fun and its more about what you did in your undergraduate studies, what kind of background you have and how you can contribute to the research in view.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult i did my research on the professor that is hiring me and knew his are of interest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no its pretty much set based on grant

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Starkville, MS

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2009.

Interview Details – I put my interview in with the Business Outreach center and was called in an interview within days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer
  • Why do you think you are qualified for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be prepared to discuss you background

Worked for Mississippi State University? Contribute to the Community!