Mississippi State University Interview Questions in Mississippi

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied online – interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Submit resume and application to HR via website. Interview was conducted solely by department and involved a group interview of 12 staff members. Each staff member asked 1 or 2 questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Only typical interview questions were asked. There were none that were very difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Humphrey Coliseum Grad Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mississippi State University in August 2012.

Like most interviews, your employers want to know that you can in fact due the job in question. They were mainly concerned with my ability to handle stress and how I deal with problems. I had previously worked in student housing where I had several residents that were suicidal. I think I can handle a little stress from people whose ultimate goal is not to end their own lives. With that being said, these employers also look for someone with a decent work history. This is also true for most employers. They want you to have work experience and most of all experience with people. If you can meet these qualifications, you will probably have a good shot at getting one of these positions.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mississippi State University in September 2010.

Met with the department head. He asked me about 30 minutes worth of questions about web development. Overall, it was a pleasant interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2010.

It was fun and its more about what you did in your undergraduate studies, what kind of background you have and how you can contribute to the research in view.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult i did my research on the professor that is hiring me and knew his are of interest   Answer Question
    no its pretty much set based on grant

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

The process took a weekinterviewed at Mississippi State University in January 2009.

I put my interview in with the Business Outreach center and was called in an interview within days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified for this position.   View Answer
    Be prepared to discuss you background