Mississippi State University Interview Questions in Mississippi

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and laid back. They made feel very comfortable. It was a pretty average interview as far as the questions asked, but I felt more comfortable during this interview than any other interview I've been through. Also, some of the nicest people I've ever met were present during the process.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual. We discussed what they were looking for and my particular set of skills towards the job. After discussing everything and being shown around, we talked about hourly pay. I then accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with this type of software?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They pay student workers about what the state requires for minimum wage.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS).

Interview

Submit resume and application to HR via website. Interview was conducted solely by department and involved a group interview of 12 staff members. Each staff member asked 1 or 2 questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Only typical interview questions were asked. There were none that were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Humphrey Coliseum Grad Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in August 2012.

Interview

Like most interviews, your employers want to know that you can in fact due the job in question. They were mainly concerned with my ability to handle stress and how I deal with problems. I had previously worked in student housing where I had several residents that were suicidal. I think I can handle a little stress from people whose ultimate goal is not to end their own lives. With that being said, these employers also look for someone with a decent work history. This is also true for most employers. They want you to have work experience and most of all experience with people. If you can meet these qualifications, you will probably have a good shot at getting one of these positions.

Event Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in January 2012.

Interview

Very Informative and asked a lot about who I was and what I was attempting to accomplish while in school. Friendly staff that was welcoming and helped me learn fast.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

Met with the department head. He asked me about 30 minutes worth of questions about web development. Overall, it was a pleasant interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in January 2010.

Interview

It was fun and its more about what you did in your undergraduate studies, what kind of background you have and how you can contribute to the research in view.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult i did my research on the professor that is hiring me and knew his are of interest   Answer Question

Negotiation

no its pretty much set based on grant

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in January 2009.

Interview

I put my interview in with the Business Outreach center and was called in an interview within days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepared to discuss you background