Missouri Department of Transportation

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Planner Interview

Transportation Planner

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation.

Interview Details – Panel Interview with 3 people. Got called in for a second less formal interview. Overall it was very professional and structured. The interviewers wrote down all of my answers which was a little distracting because I felt myself talking slower do they could keep up with writing down what I was saying.

Interview Question – In the second interview I was handed a logic quiz that was unexpected. It was not overly hard, it was just unexpected.   Answer Question

Traffic Intern Interview

Traffic Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. Just handed them my resume and did an online application. After that, they called me to see if I wanted to accept their job offer. That was approximately 3 weeks later. They then sent me to have a drug test and buy work boots which they paid for.

Interview Question – Where would you like to be located?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation.

Interview Details – I spoke with a member of HR at the school career fair. I handed her my resume and answered some basic questions about my career path. She informed me that she would be contacting me for an interview. I was selected for an on campus interview two weeks later.
I had a conflicting event with the interview date, so HR was really flexible and agreed to do a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral. Also talked about locations and positions. Past experiences, etc. Very relaxed.

I was contacted and asked to attend a district tour. I declined. MoDOT does not allow easy advancement, and has a reputation for keeping worthless employees. I simply would not be happy in this work environment.

Interview Question – Tell us about your favorite class. Why was it your favorite? And how is this useful in your career?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Specialist Interview

Specialist

Interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation

Interview Details – it can be a who you know in management or political process depending on the type of job. There isn't a merit system hiring process like other state agencies. The Department just went through a budget cut in half and went through a big downsizing. The Specialist title allows for many variations and other duties assigned in the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question(s) can be that the questions can be from anyone on an interview panel picked by management to chose which candidate they want.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Missouri Department of Transportation in January 2012.

Interview Details – HR is so unprofessional, they would call 3 times an in hour and never leave a voicemail. They called me 12 hours before they wanted me to come in for an interview, all around terrible.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in MoDot?   Answer Question

Worked for Missouri Department of Transportation? Contribute to the Community!